Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Crazy Hour

Late at night I get crazy...very...  I need a friend to come immediately to help me organize my purples. No one is answering my cry of distress.
 I might just get rid of more books in Mr. O'Quilts room to put them there...I am overwhelmed.
Ok, tomorrow may be a better time.
 I will not buy more fabric until I am organized.. Just look at tonight...no sewing at all because I can find nothing.
Well, I was at Hobby Lobby..before I decided not to shop there anymore...and found these lovely solids for $3.49 a yard.  They were the store brand just below ridiculously expensive Kona cotton.  These are really soft and lovely.
Today I was at Aldi getting ice cream for the Mr.'s smoothies...trying to get rid of that yucky taste of Ensure and Benecalorie...for him....no ice cream for me...of course.  Anyway, I bumped into my mother's friend, Thelma.  Thelma hires someone to take her grocery shopping.  Thelma is so lovely.  She gave me courage to carry on...She told me that she has survived a lot. When she was 35, she woke up to her husband dead in the bed beside her from a heart attack.  She had children,including a 2 year old.  She wanted to die right then, but she did not.  Instead she put one foot in front of the other and kept on going for her children.  Thelma is 92.  Last year her son died of tongue cancer.  She did not lie down and die then either.  There she was giving me strength in Aldi in the cracker aisle.  It was such a gift for me.  It was like talking to my own mother.
So anyway, back to the purples.  They are all spread out making more of a mess.  I guess at this hour I had better just read a magazine.  One more day of no sewing (:
Ok, ok...I will be kinder to self.  I am going to sit and look thru these new magazines I got today even if it is late at night.


6 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Thelma sounds like an angel sent to give you strength. I hope you manage to tame those purples.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thelma is my kind of lady. I spent the day with my friend who is 82 and she has a great outlook in life.

Mary said...

What an inspiration Thelma is, and she touched your life just when you needed her!

Bridget said...

Thelma is awesome and so are you! Now go read your quilty magazines and remember that on the airplane they tell us to first put the oxygen mask on yourself before helping the little ones. If Thelma can survive, so can you!

smazoochie said...

I'm so glad Thelma was there to bolster you, sent by your Mom maybe? Your purples can wait till tomorrow.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I love it, finding strength in the cracker isle....divine order indeed.

Smiles,
Kelly