Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Thread Runs Through It

 I have been very lucky to have had a rich history of smart, strong willed, strong minded and talented women in my family.  (not to mention longevity...Grandma..99, Mother...93)  
They give me courage and strength now.
So Grandma...Would you ever have imagined how handy this little tool is today as I squish up all foods to feed dear Mr.O'Quilts?  You were so talented in the kitchen.  I loved you so.
Cotton and Steel!!!!!!
 I certainly never expected to have to have this on our wheelchair van.  My man has had a sudden ALS episode with his lungs.  Respiratory appointments tomorrow and Thursday at the ALS clinic.  Life is not fair.
Stay tuned.
 My dear mother had a random $1000 life insurance policy attached to something, which when divided 3 ways gave me a check for about...$333...etc...I just know she would have wanted me to have a little tiny treat....
 Heaven is...

Holding my breath that my girl comes home soon to help us out...Poor thing, home for her daddy, then gone, then home for her grandmother, then gone...xxxooo

3 comments:

smazoochie said...

I'm so glad you have that connection with the women in your family, living & gone. And how sweet of your Mother to have provided this fabric treat for you.
My heart aches for Mr. O'Q & you.

Mary said...

I've never seen a tool like this. I love using vintage tools, especially those with a family history.

ES said...

I've never seen a tool like that one either!!