Friday, May 29, 2015

I Just Cannot Bear it.....

One more time...my love...one more funeral.
I just cannot bear it...
Saturday, June 6...
You will be lowered into the ground in your beloved Ireland
next to your four dead brothers, one dead sister and mother and father.
It is the way it should be.
Nothing can fix this.
Six and a half weeks is way too much time for you to be gone.
Come home right now for tea and soda bread and a chat on the porch!!!
.
Oh, we have not been able to do that for awhile.
Oh, I know you are never coming back.
I just hate ALS for stealing you away.
xxoo
I love you so.
 

Oh, the unbearable grief of the widows' wail that makes most of us so uncomfortable..
I know,.I know, I understand...

6 comments:

smazoochie said...

Wail, dear aching widowed friend.

Michele Bilyeu@ With Heart and Hands said...

Beautifully, unbearably, tragically.painfully sad. You were blessed to have had him in your life but it was not long enough. I am sad with you, for you.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh, dear heart, I am so sad for you. Not the same, not the same at all, but after my father died, I wondered how in the world the rest of the world could go on? Why were all these people carrying on as if nothing had happened? Couldn't they feel my pain too? Sending huge hugs and lots of love your way. xo

Bridget said...

This is so hard for you, and if some wailing gets you through the hard times, go ahead.

Holee said...

This is so beautiful...to go back to your homeland! I am sure he is smiling when he see's how well you are handling it as only true love could.

Teresa said...

((((((Diane))))))