Friday, September 2, 2022

Two Steps Forward....Onward!

 Aoife is two.  This is the  first time ever, she has been separated from her mother...ever.
Daddy told Mommy to take a weekend break..Mommy was not sure, but the glow in her face, when I spoke with her told it all.  She loved it.  Emily went on a weekend Irish music camp for adults.. 
Here is Aoife, waiting for Mommy to come home..
Daddy did a great job. Mommy had a great time.  Aoife was just fine.
Aoife was just fine, but Mommy was not.  Now Aoife only wants Daddy..HA!!

Meantime at my DIL house, Stitch settles in.  He is just so easy going.  Four year old Ava plays  with him too. He so doesn't miss being a sewing cat!!
Making a new friend at my temporary apt.
Scrap sewing since so many of my projects are still in storage, including my 4.5 inch loc-bloc ruler for sizing up.

Making a crazy batik quilt with scraps.
Friends came to visit to share my day!
My new apartment is almost ready.  Rooms have been painted Mango and Pistachio.
New floors are down.  Only things missing are the refrigerator and washing machine.
I can barely hold myself together with gratitude and joy.

I do not miss my house at all...Its time had passed. My new PT said that I am fixable....Stress has worked its wonders on me.  He plans to wean me off the walker back onto the cane and more.
I am beyond delighted.















6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sometimes letting go is going forward. Not sure why we keep such a iron grip on the things that don't matter in the long run. I guess we hate change and comfortable routine.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am happy you are doing well, having fun with friends, and ready for the big move and unpacking. I was pretty sure you wouldn't miss the house for all the care it needed.

shoshu said...

i know, iknow, i owe you a real letter, many in fact but i am cheering you on and keeping you in my prayers for onward and upward in joy and reality.
shoshana

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray!!! Happier times on the horizon! And cute photos too! The weekend away music camp mommy story made me laugh but glad your daughter had fun. Apparently so did Aoife! 😆

Mystic Quilter said...

Diane, I am so happy to read this post from you. Happy for Stitch settling in his new home, happy that you have a new bright green friend in your temporary home and so happy to see the gorgeous new scrap quilt in the making! What a pleasure it will be to see you tucked up in your new home.

http://thankfullga447 said...

You made my day and I can hear you are happy. So love that quilt you are working on. Stress does so many bad things toward your body. Keep on going.