Saturday, September 24, 2022

Progress, not Perfection...Day Nine


No blogging, no nada....still adjusting to no cooking and no caregiving.
Looking internally to who I am and what my new choices are..
Thank God for friends and sister Charmaine...for all the help.  Of, course, Matthews Glen staff for spoiling me.
Aoife  playing peek-a-boo with Grandma! All via Facetime
The most relaxing activity in the world is making rope bowls: 

 


The grandson of my new neighbor....hmm...brilliant at 10,  brilliant at 90....Not so smart at 10, not so smart at 100.  This kid  has it!!



A little bit at a time.. Forgetting my PT and OT for awhile as I settle in.
Cool new screen on my patio door.  It is magnetic , attached by Velcro..Wonderful.
The weather has changed in Charlotte, heading toward fall...Delightful!!
New friends on my floor include a quilter, a music  teacher, a master gardener.
I am sitting around napping, settling in, reading and sewing...Also scrap sorting, making bowls and potholders..  My grands were coming to visit Monday....no school...but their mother has Covid...so that was cancelled.

My beautiful handmade bed by Ric in Miami...I have been sleeping in this bed 30 years!! So far. my bedroom. office and quilts...Sherry is quite the folder!!
Aoife turned 2 in July...Her grandmother bought her a sewing machine of her own.  Her mommy took the needle out of it and removed the plug.  Aoife doesn't mind at all.  Now all of my grands have sewing machines from their grandmother O'Quilts.

Great excitement next Thursday as my girl comes to visit for four days from Portland,Oregon.  My cup runneth over.  I want to grab her tight and keep her and never let her go.!!!
She is going to plant some plants, help me get it together.  We are going to sew...already have an extra machine set up.  Time will fly and I will be grateful!!
No  time at all for Pearl when Emily is here.
A very special present coming from Texas and from friend, Laurel.
My man would be so pleased...His words, and his quilt and Laurel's clever kindness!!
Thank you Laurel...

My vintage white porch table, my pumpkin and the tiny rose cutting from the new neighbors a miniature Knock Out Rose... Just starting here...My sister bought soil........and....just waiting for my girl to come to help out.

And so it goes in my new apartment.  Peaceful..





 

 


 


 

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read that you're settling in just fine and prioritising - sorting out fabrics!! You chose a neat colour for the living room and I love the colour in your bedroom, very restful and especially with your cabinet full of quilts. Have a happy, happy time with Emily next week, she'll certainly work magic with you with settling in.

Mary said...

I've been missing your posts since Bloglovin became so flakey. Now you're added to my folder of blogs to visit regularly. Your apartment is looking great!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

No time for Pearl, no room for Pearl. Period. Look forward, not back.

I am so glad I was able to meet you when I was in Charlotte for my solo show in 2012. Can you believe it, 10 years ago!

You are really settling in nicely, living in your sewing studio. I love that magnetic screen on your patio door.

Have fun while Emily is there. I bet she is excited to see your new place.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wait a minute, you let Pearl hop on the moving truck? Management needs to ban her from the premises. Have lots of fun with your daughter.