Friday, October 4, 2024

Safe Me, in a Crazy World

Beautiful North Carolina has been destroyed by a hurricane...OMG!!  Life as we know it can change in a second.
We are safe, here in Charlotte...only rain, trees down, etc...but 30 minutes north...OMG OMG

Above, Aoife, still in Cork, Ireland, just visiting with the cows.
Below, calming my soul by making potholders....meditation at its best!!

Here using random strips....

A little experimentation with my Accucutter Leaf die...

More experimentation.....: cutting and applying Wonderunder to vintage quilt blocks from a very damaged quilt top.


Today another doctor appointment...dear me...aging quickly.  This one was a yearly physical...also some talk about my poor and painful hip.  I can no longer walk without a walker  because the hip pain is so great.  In six weeks I have an appointment with a new surgeon...Meantime more and more physical therapy....I can barely stand it.   So 8 years ago, I had 4 joint replacements....Two major joints left and xrays show that both my hip and shoulder are without cartiledge...Enough already!!!

As I try to relax during all this world stress...I am grateful for sewing and sewing friends and blogging friends...
Life is still good...of course as long as one has a sewing machine!!!


 

No comments: