Monday, September 23, 2024

Cover Me With Sunshine

Above I have my first picture this trip, of Aoife in Ireland visiting with her cousin, 
In spite of my pain, and the disappointment of the cortizone shot in my groin not working, I am playing a lovely tune by Pink,
I am so thrilled that my girl keeps me informed with pictures of  her adventures so Grandma here does not feel so left out.

Distracting myself making quilty projects for the holidays.  Below:  Pattern weights made from washers:

Sherry found the weights at the store;  Margaret got the superglue..lots of friendly support.
I glued two washers together..grateful that I  used gloves and a ratty cloth underneath.

From a supply of batik charms and scraps, I dabbed a bit of  glue stik on the fabric to stick it to the washer.  I covered the washers  using a zipper foot, a very slow stitch motion and curve.
Then I pinked the edges.  There are tons of tutes on the web for sewing weights,  I have posted this before  but could not find the tute.again.  Batik is perfect as it does not fray.
Voila, 24 finished  fabric weights to hold patterns or flyaway objects or be paperweights, etc.  
I figure that 6 per package for a present would be enough.


The friend across the hall from me is a competitive swimmer
This weekend she drove to our state capital for the state senior swim championships.   On her door this morning, I saw 3 medals.  She won first place in all her swimming events.  To celebrate with her, I  made a jar opener using plastic drawer liner and tracing a bowl for the pattern....so easy.  I stuck it on her door with a note of pride.and encouragement. She is 87 years old.

Inspite of it all....today was very good.   Visiting with friends, spending time in the arts room, reading outside,
making a few gifts . My sister even took my car in for inspection and examination.

.  It has been quite hard giving myself this attitude adjustment.

Today I was able to do it.!!


1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a great Idea, pattern weights. They look wonderful. Congrats to your 87 yr old swimming neighbor! I am so sorry the shot didn't work, I have not had any good results with them. Just try to keep moving and keep things from locking up. I am trying to get a referral for PT from dr. to get some relief, so I know what you mean. Great photos today!