Sunday, September 16, 2012

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....


I know that these are not vintage, but they are saved favorites...boy, am I on a roll...using things that I love.  My sister does not have this problem...she uses her favorite fabrics...she even brings them to work to admire.  She drapes her quilts around her cubby and sells her potholders.  If someone likes sheep, she would have cut this adorable sheep and made a potholder for them....we are different.  I am like my grandmother, she is like our mother, in that way....
 So, here are the fabric used in the top I just finished this morning..All the vintage and specials and it will be given away....that's the life...someone will be happy even if they do not know about the specials!! This quilt will be 30" by 35".  I love this stroller size.  It is so versatile for strollers, car seats, etc...I think that it is the most used size.  24 blocks used.....30 to go:)
Evening last, Mr. O'Quilts was a saint.  He drove me to JoAnn's fabric store at 8 pm when it would not be crowded.  Then he went in with me to be sure I did not over do it.  It was delightful to be in a fabric store.  I could breathe in the joy.  Alas, again, he was right...I lasted 20 minutes and lost my balance and got dizzy and went home. And, I didn't even drive.  But, I had great fun and it was worth having to rest today.  This morning, he was not a saint.  As I was showing him all my vintage that I was sacrificing for this quilt top, he looked around the room at my fabric collection that spans 50 years and said...just think...at your estate sale, some young girl will come and say...wow vintage...and she will love it...Then, he laughed and left with his umbrella to watch the neighborhood golf tournament.  He just does not love my collection quite the way I do:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that you are using your favorites... I have the same issue you do... I am going to follow your lead and use them! :). Glad you were able to visit the fabric store, too. I am sure that was fun!

Debby said...

Ha, gotta love a hubby that will take you to look at fabric!! The sheep fabric is so stinkin cute!!!! what a sweet baby quilt