Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My IQ of Diminishing Returns....

This is not a phone....y... story!!!

My mother always said that I was special...a cut above....nothing like a mother talking, that's what I say!   I also say that used to...does not count..all that is so over.....

This morning I was off to exercise in the pool half asleep..evidently..Whining about the cold water, I did not realize that I had put my new and awesome I-phone in the bra of my swimming suit instead of the bra of my clothes.....a sad mourning for me!!!  The pool friends put my phone in a bag of rice.  I went to Verizon where I was told that water damage was fatal and not covered by my insurance.  They said that I would have to still pay the 2 year contract that I had just signed and pay $600 for a new phone.


Off I then went to the Apple store, carrying the dear phone in the big bag of rice.  They said that I would have to wait 2 hours for an appt with a technician...so fine, but first I had to explain my fool problem of water exercising with my I-phone in the bra of my swimming suit(:     With my loud voice, I evidently explained it all to the entire busy store and then...gesturing and pulling the phone from the bag of rice, I spilled the rice all over their I-pad display.....

Lordy, they were so ready to see this old age pensioner leave that store.  $150 for a new phone and $50 more for insurance...giving me two more times to swim with my new phone!!!  During my wait, I browsed their rice covered I-Pad display.  Thirty minutes later, I had concussion symptoms...eyes, ears, head and neck....can you believe it...almost 10 months later...  

Sooo, since I am once again on a fabric buying budget, I thought that I had better tell this story with the fabric that I do have!

I really, really, really love my I-Phone.

Now, to cheer us up comes,via Beth....The Great British Sewing Bee.....Enjoy!


2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, no! That is totally something I would do. I took a bath with my kindle about a month ago. Didn't even realize it slipped in until I started thinking, " am I sitting on something?". Yep. That rice trick must be an urban legend, never works! Glad you have your new phone, I don't think I could go back to no iPhone after having one for the last few months!

Sharon said...

Oh no!! That is a terrible, horrible Not Good day! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got a new phone but they are pricey. My DH dropped his phone in the ocean, but it was an old phone and he got it to work another 2 years! That was amazing, but I don't think that works with the newer ones at all, sadly.

As I get older, I seem to be getting absent-minded and I have to watch myself all the time or I do stupid things. Different stupid things than I normally do, that is. Sheesh!

Love your fabrics to illustrate your story! :)