Friday, April 8, 2022

Stuff

 Guess I am into native plants now...see my purples: (Hi Lisa)

My first Iris of the year.  Usually they bloom at my mother's birthday on May 5...almost a month early this year!

I have 10 flimsys to quilt...and what do I do???
Yup, play around with random blocks for fun.
Spring in Oregon.  Aoife in pink in Portland
The ancient one  gets new glasses.
Bad luck Grandma.   When I went to get my glasses, the cool and awesome round green ones were gone...OMG....They were out of my price range anyway.
Here I am, decked out in red!!
So much more conservative, but I think I can still have fun as I am still wild at heart.

As I ponder downsizing from my clutter of 100 years, I noticed this functional plain storage idea for quilts.  Now, in my home, I have this huge monstrosity hutch that no one can move.
My poor mother would be so sad if I switched it all out.


Happy Friday night with the children at their mother's house for Easter week.
Grandma is going to sleep and sew and sleep and sew...maybe a few prayers too and a few cookies! xo




4 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

New glasses are nice to have. I used to think I couldn't possibly have too many quilts, but now I'm not so sure! Good luck with your storage decisions! Downsizing clutter is a good feeling for sure!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Enjoy every minute with your sewing and sleeping. Your glasses are stunning and lucky you with all of your quilts. I am going to do some hand quilting next month I just need to find the right fabric for the back. You know when you see the fabric (look at price first) that it is the one.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice glasses Diane! I'm in the process of trying to find a pair to really excite me but seems the ones I go for are never the correct size! Checked out the storage at Laundry Basket Quilts - what a stack!

Quayquilter said...

Glasses are a great shape and design as is the potholder. I think keeping quilts in an open cupboard looks nice but there's a danger of fade lines.
Mary in Canterbury UK