Sunday, April 24, 2022

JOY

Flimsy finally finished, backing below cut!
Hopefully my sister will help me baste it today when she comes over to help.
Below, a long saved favorite for the backing. My days of saving fabric are over!
Spring in Charlotte is always delightful
My reblooming Azalea bushes off my screened in porch.
Ten years ago, I found them on the sale rack behind Lowes for $1.99 each.
Look now, how lovely.

Our Aoife at the riverside in Portland.
This girl is now 21 months old and still lovely.
I think that this picture looks like a painting...

Coral Honeysuckle from Lisa xo
Below are some of what is left from my Iris craze of 12 years ago. I used to have more, but they were neglected when my husband got sick.


Indeed, it is a crazy year. Irises do not bloom in my yard until my mother's birthday on May 5th...Alas, they have been blooming this year for  several weeks already.

The exciting news now, is that in 6 weeks, June 10, 2022, my darling grands will be going to live with their mother.  Everyone is excited for this change.  It should be no big deal as they see her every weekend.  Now all five of her children will be together in the country, 30 minutes away from me. They have been with me for 8 years!! 
 Now, they are teenagers, needing their young mother and not their old grandma.

I will get to be a Grandma!!!!









 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the backing fabric and it is perfect for that pretty top.
I finally gave up on Irises when a tree fell on my Iris bed when a microburst storm went through town in 2003. I think they are so pretty but so hard to divide.
That is great news about your grandchildren. They are at an age to really need their mother's advice and supervision. Then they can just visit you and have a sleepover occasionally. You will miss their cooking.

Nancy said...

As much as I know it will be good for the grandkids to be with their mother I am sure that you will also miss having the company in the house. I hope that you still get to see the often and be grandma.

http://thankfullga447 said...

You have done more then any grandma in raising those children. You will have so much time to do more quilting or I call it playing. You will miss them but it is good that they will be with her.

Michele Bilyeu said...

All of your grands are quite beautiful and we have all loved the stories over the years. But you are wise to realize and accept and be ready for change. Kudos to you dear lady.💜🕊💜