Saturday, November 26, 2022

November End

My physical therapy has now ended...sad but true.  My  insurance said enough was enough.  I tried to stand on one foot as told....He so wanted me to stand on one foot....I made him this potholder to show him that it is Flamingos that stand on one foot, not old ladies.

I told him that I understand that he pushes folks beyond their comfort zone.  I challenged this minimalist artist, that I too can do that.challenge thing.
  Vanilla is his comfort zone...Told him that was fine, as long as he tried Rainbow Sherbet.  I put this on the back of his potholder!!  Thank you Marcia Derse.

Tula's "Pining for You".kit arrived via Fed Ex on my porch last night....OMG..So wonderful.
Thank you  Lindsay   xo  You lift my heart with your generosity.
Still obsessed with potholders.
.I.found that "Fat Albert" scrap from a tie at Goodwill....so perfect!!
Aoife learns from her Irish daddy, the concept of "working the land".

Lynsey and Dylan love my new apt complex.....I mean LOVE,  They are spending the weekend with me...Swimming in our awesome pool, Sleeping on floor blow-up mattresses. and eating in our restaurants...They are so capable and kind.  Helping Grandma at every turn.  My heart is full of love.
We played Canasta just like I did with my own grandma!!

Life carries on.  Holidays are tough sometimes.





 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I bet the therapist laughed at the flamingo comparison. Cute potholder.
It sounds like you had a great time with your 2 visitors and am happy they will give up some of their busy young lives to be with you.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to read that you had two of grands keep you company over the weekend, sounds like you had a real good time. Keep up with the sewing and hopefully we'll soon be sewing the start of Pining for You on the blog.