Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday Fun

During the worst of my concussion recovery last fall, I was feeling really sorry for self.  So, I asked a friend to pick up an IKEA sewing machine for me.  Anything sewing is just the panacea, isn't it!!  Unfortunately, the machine was a lemon.   Mr.O'Quilts and I took a ride yesterday to return it.  This resulted in a lovely orange IKEA store debit card for $69 immediately burning a hole in my pocket...hmmm   Sharing here... pictures of my finds...


 Very large orange polkadots..
 Of course, I didn't catch my breath before taking part in the  Fat Quarter Shop Sale.  I am a dot lover...
My mother has been loosing a lot of friends lately.  She thinks that these little coin purses make good bereavement gifts.  I am whipping them out  like potholders.  Somehow, they do make folks happy.  I cut these out last night and made them up today.


3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love IKEA and I need to go in the next 2 months since I will be in TX. I have passed the fabric but my bin was full and I said next time. This will be the next.

Barb said...

what cute fabric from Ikea. Just love those sweet birds.
Your coin purses are just too wonderful.

Melissa said...

These are adorable! I made a few this morning- love how fast they are!