Friday, May 24, 2013

Hiddenite

Thank you Terri for quilting this quilt.  I had forgotten about it and Terri had forgotten about it.  Then Terri remembered.  When she brought it, I remembered...so I am naming it Hiddenite!  This of course is a gem found in North Carolina and a town's name in North Carolina.  It has nothing  at all to do with being hidden.  It just sounded right to me.  See the cool Kaffe shot cotton teal on the back:)  Once again, this is a nine patch cut on the diagonal and mixed up...

 I got totally carried away here snapping our Knock Out roses in the back of my house.  In the front of the house, Mr. O'Quilts planted, and nurtured and loved five of them.....Evidently so did the deer, in spite of his spraying repellent.  All the blooms have been eaten right off in a tasty midnight snack attack.
And now a lovely collection of thrift shop finds by Deb Rowden....thrifting...so dear to my heart!!

And
 this cool post about the work of Priscilla Bianchi.  Guatemala is one of my favorite countries in the world to visit...must be the color:)

Still more...Lily's Quilts has two Sarah Fielke shorts on techniques.  Check it out.

Was going to do Finish it up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts, but I see she is moving and may not have it today... ooooo  I was wrong:)...Linking it up to Ms. Persistence at Crazy Mom Quilts!!  Also linking up with
Nina Marie

3 comments:

Gina said...

This is a beautiful quilt and I love the setting you've photographed it in!

ipatchandquilt said...

Congratulations on your finish!
Esther
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Amazing how a diagonal cut nine patch can be so pretty! Great pic with a wonderful back drop!