Saturday, September 21, 2013

Silly String Top

Just finished this top.  Gotta love red and white..  Gotta love scraps..
 Found this old goodie in the stash...perfect for the back.
 It all started like this.   I found a tute from Rachel on making Chevrons with legal size computer paper.  In May, I decided to just use ordinary computer paper with my red and white string scraps.  Bad!!  I did not like tearing off the paper and I did not like the Chevrons, so I put it away.
 I almost threw it away or donated it.  Taking it out months later, I chose to play with it... medallion style to see how I could make it work.
I am glad I did.
Time to pull a bit of holiday fabric for tissue covers...Time to relax and get ready for the season with little things with great love..

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this quilt and the backing! :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm so glad you revisited those chevrons, the result is truly wonderful!! The backing made me laugh!