Monday, October 10, 2016

The Sparkly Day.

 OMG...I lost my post...
Where did it go??  I just finished it...Into the cloud?
Help me find it?
OK...again...I have always had a jealous part of me for folks who can knit.
I want hand knitted things for my Lynsey.
 Money cannot buy love...Then, here comes our Eithne with a lovely
hat and jacket...all knitted by hand for our Lynsey.
Our cup runneth over.  Thank you Eithne!!
Today was a lovely day...I hosted the Queen Bee for the first time in 3 or 4 years
I am grateful that I am finally emotionally well enough for this.
It was splendid...we  laughed, we sewed, we ate...!!
With my Little Blue, I was able to sew the border on this child's top:
Made a few potholder tops...always fun...


Ellen gave me lovely vintage napkins..so perfect and soft.
Look!!  At least the chickens are getting along..
Evan, I am so glad that  you watched some of the debate last night.
At eleven years old, it was time for you to hear about some of the unacceptable things that some men say to women, about our political process and about men and women.  I cannot believe that we needed an informational talk before an American political event watched by the entire world.

The children are doing wonderfully in my home.  It is almost three years that I have been raising them.
They do well in school, have friends, do well in Karate, they are safe and happy.  They have regular contact with their parents and cousins.
They are learning conflict resolution skills, how to say I am sorry for my part, how to let go and forgive.
And...that being kind is being more important than being right.
I am learning right along with them.  This week I have had to apologize all over the place because of my steroid situation...Ugh...Grandma O'Quilts a big, snapping, crabby bear!!
Tomorrow is the last day...I am getting better and Boo is getting better!!

Why does it take a lifetime to learn to practice the Serenity Prayer????
(God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
to change the things I can...(which is only me!!!)
and the wisdom to know the difference.
xxoo
(and I had to write it twice...just sayin')

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Love the photos of Lynsey and her doll that looks like her. I'm always in awe of knitted things too. Eithne's hat and jacket are such lovely gifts. You make the best pot holders. Are they your chickens?? I don't think I knew you had chickens. Chicken photos are always welcome!

BlueRidge Quilter said...

She looks so happy and the knitted items are beautiful. Thanks for hosting on Monday. I had a great time! Hugs - Karen