Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Grandma O'Quilts Earns Another Notch in her Belt..

Now,  I know Bob Marley is not about zebras.. When I started in with the African fabric
I just could not leave the zebras out...Jamaican psychedelic perhaps
So needed calming...Bob Marley and potholders...you go Grandma!

Lynsey bossing Grandma around this morning...That leg is swollen..You need a doctor.
You should know that yourself, Grandma without me telling you.
As she got out of the car at camp, she wagged her finger...remember Grandma...what you have to do this morning...
Nine years old seems to be a powerful age..

Actually, my leg was hurting so  I dropped by Urgent Care on the way home.  The doc there took one look at me and asked me if I needed an ambulance because he was sending me to the hospital.
  Really.????, Muttering to self as I drove to the Emergency room

I sat in the Emergency room forever...(grateful for a good book)
Blood work (perfect)
Blood pressure (perfect)
Urine test (perfect)
Heart and lungs (perfect)
Sonogram (perfect)
He kept saying how delighted he was with my health.
(arthritis aside..)

Diagnosis...  a bad case of Cellulitis ..
A huge infection that has my right leg in pain., swollen, hot and red.

This is serious for me with both my knee and hip replacement on that side.
He debated admitting me at the hospital for the night, but,
decided, instead, to keep me there on a bed in the hospital hallway.
An hour or so on IV antibiotics.
Home with a huge 10 day supply of more and NO wine??
Just whine...of course.

No big walks...ha ha ...No problem there..
I will know in 3 or 4 days whether or not I am in the clear.., or have to go back to the hospital.
Spending six hours on a cot in the crowded ER hallway is an eye opener.
Walking outside on the way to my car, I felt elated to be alive.

One great big breath of gratitude..



8 comments:

Karaquilts said...

Oh, my. I cannot even think of anything else to say. Oh, oh, my. That doesn't sound good at all ~ ~ but am so pleased that all of the numbers that can be so troublesome are good! and thankful for meds that got to work on you immediately. and that you have Stephanie. and Emily. and that Lynsey!! What a wise little one she is.

Extra big hugs for today. and quick healing. NO WALKS :):)

Unknown said...

Hi Diane, that Lindsey is a smart one. I ( the nurse) thinks that you should contact your orthopedist and notify them. They might eant to do the follow up. I know that Ortho Carolina has an office near CMC Pineville! ����

Andra Gayle said...

I absolutely love your zebras! I am sure Bob would approve. Hope your leg gets well quick! I hate the hospital shuffle!

Cathy Cartledge said...

Your creativity and calm. I hope you follow your smarts and get well.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love, love those potholders. Potholder therapy is the best!!
Cellulitis is a bad one. So glad you have a smart little cookie telling you to take care of yuourself! And best of all, you listened to you!

Teresa said...

So sorry you are having this problem. I cant imagine having to sit in the hallway in an ER all that time. Love your blocks.

Kaja said...

Well done Lynsey! I'm glad you did what you were told and hope the antibiotics sort you out. I love those potholders - you could do a whole quilt with those fabric combinations.

Mystic Quilter said...

Just had a quick read of blogs and was horrified to read this post! I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. Sending hugs and prayers your way and I'll be in touch.