Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Quilt Top Done...

Yesterday I found the last two lost things from my studio re-do.  I found the number blocks for this quilt and I found the remote to my quilting room TV..in some random laundry basket upstairs!!  Great news for me.  Tonight I finished this quilt top.  Tomorrow I will spray baste it as it will have flannel on the back for the cold daycare naps!!  It is kind of busy, but at 4 and a half, so is she!!
 I put this cool eyeball fabric in the border.
 Did another bib!!  I even finished my secret block for the Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild block in a bag.
Did another candy wrapper pouch for Dylan to keep his money in:)  I am even putting the three year old to work now!!
Today I bought some lipstick.  I have not worn lipstick in a few years.  My mother told me that under stress, I must dress well and wear lipstick. 
 Can u believe that at my age I am listening to my mother...at her age!!!!
 With her Parkinson's, she is the expert on stress.   I could never be bothered with any of that...I would rather buy fabric than clothes:).
  But....but...now...I have to even listen to my daughter.  She told me to try harder....Lordy...

Tonight the Mr. decided to power clean the back deck.  He did it from a sitting position. I have vowed not to hover.  I have vowed to quilt.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the quilt for Lynsey! Very fun, and it should be good company for a busy 4 1/2 y.o.!

Love your little candy bags too. What a good idea.

I know what you mean about hovering. Yes, quilting is better for everyone! (I need to remember that too.)

Isn't it fun when not only your Mother nags you, but your kids do too? Sheesh! Yeah, I'd rather buy fabric too.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That eyeball fabric is hilarious!!! Lynsey's quilt is so fun!! Good on you for putting on lipstick. I put on bright red lipstick the other day for the first time in a few years, It's nice to be a bit bright sometimes. Well done for resisting to hover. hugs.

http://thankfullga447 said...

You got lots done, love all of your choices. Thank you for stopping by my blog. The envelopes are addictive.