Monday, September 14, 2015

Chicken Little


Doo doo going on again at the O'Quilts house...My sister, my sister...oh, dear me.  She has to be out in 10 days now...counting down..to closing and no place to go..
My house is so full with the three darling grands..
and she has two adult children in the spectrum..with struggles...
Oh, dear..says Chicken  Little...
Where is my girl??  Where is my mother??  Where is my man??
Where is my mind??
Sister is bringing me treasures that she no longer wants...Here we have a chenille bedspread we got at the Metrolina antique show at least 8 years ago..
.She never used it..I love it.
 Muggs' beach quilt is finished..label and all...I adore it.
Maybe I will move to the beach and keep it...oh, no...!!
Muggs would so not like that.
 Guess who is so totally proud with the Mandala potholder he made for his trauma therapist!!!!
He loves her...she is great..and her business is called "Mandala"..
It is a good thing that I take him to therapy, as his daddy is in jail..again!!

When the wife of CS Lewis died, he said, "No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear". "It was also at times, he added, like being "mildly drunk or concussed and even lazy..."  Well Bingo..CS....I certainly understand you..thanks for putting words to my feelings.

The days are changing in Charlotte.  The humidity is lower, the air is nicer,
Yet, going outside reminds me of my love.
It is painful to go outside in the back yard where we enjoyed so much.
So much safer to stay in my quilting studio.
While friends my age are traveling the world,
I am traveling my stash...my pinks and greens, oranges and purples...etc.
TBTG I have them to comfort me.
I miss my love so much.
Wind Beneath My Wings
Please, my friends, send strength to me...
I do not want to go to bed and I do not want to get up.
But I do!!
Tonight I found it here...in a perfect rendition of our family's 70 year old fudge recipe.
I used to think that fudge fixes everything...but alas..it does not. (it helps!!!)
PS  Did you hear about the new research on dementia????
Red wine and chocolate are the answer...TBTG
xxoo

7 comments:

ES said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs. Xx

livelymonkey said...

And..... More hugs.

smazoochie said...

Hang on, hang in there.
Sending you a big squeeze-y hug.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Adding your sister and her family to my thoughts and in my heartfelt prayers. And you..always in my heart and in my thoughts. I'm hitting the chocolate as well as my stash. If I sew any more and sleep any less, dementia will not be far away no matter what I eat, drink, do, or remember! And yes, fear is part of loss. But the opposite of fear is love. So, keep filling your heart with big smiles of all you love and let it fill you to the very brim until it overflows into everything you say, and everything you do and it will chase those negative feelings away. You are the little engine that could and you are doing it, even though you don't want to, you are and so am I. In all ways. We are.

Rachaeldaisy said...

That mandala pot holder is a treasure beyond compare. Wishing that your sister finds home soon, and the fudge helps even a little bit. Big squishy hugs to you.

Bridget said...

Hugs to you and the familia, all of them. Keep sewing and make fudge when you think it might help, even a bit.

Bridget said...

Hugs to you and the familia, all of them. Keep sewing and make fudge when you think it might help, even a bit.