Tuesday, September 1, 2015

True Grit

 Or why  I love IKEA

The new rug for Dylan...He loves it already..
 And for the old lady with the eye problem...so perfect!!

I am writing about this again...for my own perspective...trying...
In the past two years, life as I knew it drastically changed.  It will never be the same.
My husband was diagnosed with ALS...22 months later..dead.
My mother fell out of her wheelchair and broke her neck.  7 days later...dead.
My son and his wife arrested for drugs and me the new guardian of 3 grands.
I had to retire to take care of it all.
My only son continues in drastic Heroin free-fall.
My sister lost her house and will be moving in 24 days with nowhere to go.
She is getting a divorce.
Concussion symptoms that had been gone for 2 years came back with the stress.
Melanoma rose in a three week period to scare the doo-doo out of me.
Money changed.
Life shakes me....I am.held up by earth angels.

IF ONLY
Your picture smiling 
In my room is not 
Enough for me-I
Want to touch you
Hold you close
Enjoy your company

A hundred-fifty things
Are waiting there to do

IF ONLY

You could be with me
And I could be with you
                                                    Alice Franzen Clemons Burt

 That my mother's poetry books would continue to sustain  me...
Who would have known
That she would be able to write them and publish them in her 80s
Who would have known..
xxoo

5 comments:

ES said...

Massive hugs Diane. You're such a wonderful grandma to take the three kids and give them SO MUCH. I know how exhausting young kids are, they never let up!! You are so fantastic. My heart aches for your losses, life is not fair!! You amaze me. X

http://thankfullga447 said...

Just saying hello to a very special and strong person. I wish I could make things better for you but as I am learning life is tough, my best friend is in hospice.

smazoochie said...

Is has been & continues to be a whirlwind at the O'Quilts' house.
At the center is love. That's important.
Hang in there, we are all behind you.

Karaquilts said...

Sometimes saying things again and anew helps it sink in deeper in our hearts ~ ~or at least that's how it works for me. I love your mother's poetry ~ ~ makes me wonder if I will write some again after sooo many years. She has such a simple cadence and natural rhyming. I'm glad you share it. More hugs, dear one.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh, dear Diane. I think of you so often and continually read your blog, not only to see what's going on at the Muldoon household, but to find inspiration, always. I wish all you're going through could be fixed in an instant, but I know it can't. Please know you are in my heart. Count on meals from me when I get home from my travels in October. xoxo

Ellen.