Thursday, October 24, 2019

To Be Wild...or Not to Be WIld.


I am so not used to this haircut...I think I have two boys...Oh, well....it was her choice and she is still adorable.  Proud she has a mind of her own.
Stephanie struggles in recovering from her heart attack...5 months later...She stayed home yesterday to rest....Evan was on it and cleaned up the entire kitchen.  Dylan was on it and did the litter box.
Lynsey was in the kitchen making salad and the birthday cake for Wednesday night's quilting group.
I put myself in quiet time with The Bookish Life of Nina Hill


Today, I cancelled everything but breakfast out with  myself...the best company.
Tonight I put these random gifted charms on the board...divided nine patch just for fun.
All instead of the millions of UFOs I have.
Wild Thing blocks

The Silent Patient is tonight's read under 24 quilts...with tea...
I am freezing....trying not to have to put the heat on..brrr
Now, I have a hernia...Jeeze Louize....To fret or not to fret.???
CAT scan on November 4th.
I am reminded that a turtle only travels when it sticks its neck out.
Even so, I am staying home from MQG to clear my cluttered mind.

Alternative to wool pressing mat....KatyQuilts

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is definitely wild and I love it!!

Mary Marcotte said...

She's such a beautiful little girl. I've been catching up with your blog (I'm always falling behind) and read that she's in therapy. Tell her for me that I'm proud of her, too. She's a brave one. It took me 50 years--imagine how much better life could have been.
I also read about her new doll. Porcelain dolls are a real treat. I hope they enjoy every moment together. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I think we all need precious time out now and again to deal with cluttered minds! Lynsey looks good with her new hairstyle Diane - I like a girl who knows her own mind!!
It must be pretty cold to be hiding under that number of quilts and sorry to hear that you now have a hernia, good luck with the C T scan.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The haircut, so sweet. One of my daughters insisted on very short hair when she was about 4 years old. Why not? Sometimes it's good to cancel things and just stay in. I call those "recovery" days. Good luck with your CAT scan on the 4th!