Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Aoife Brings Love

Aoife and her grandmother are getting to know each other.
Our second full day!
Aoife playing in the Carolina leaves.
Aoife who??? Says the grand master of the home!!!!
The beautiful girls.
Aoife's daddy teaching the leaf raking skill.

Aoife in the tree lot.  No trees found for us.
All good trees gone...sad...but, I am not in charge...Wahoo.
My girl and her man will take the kids and try again tomorrow.
Guess this one was not good enough.
I have half a mind to cut the volunteer tree from the front  yard.
It is 4 feet tall and could be a big money saver with character. 
It could be a lesson in living frugally.

Me thinks this grand idea of mine is being vetoed!!
Brian is teaching the children how to make dessert crepes.

Dylan meets Aoife
OH, NO...My precious thread....That girl has expensive tastes.  She so prefers Aurifil!!
She will not come to her grandmother...hiding here behind Mommy.
16 months.  Even so, she is a  love.

Sad part of this season is the Covid thing and 16 year old Evan's refusal to get his shots.
It breaks my heart.  There are so many people at risk at my house.  Guess we will have to wave at him from a a distance.  We love our Evan!!

This is truly the joy of the season...family.  I am so grateful.
















 

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is the picture I was waiting for, you with Aoife. She will be smiling and coming to you before her visit is over.

http://thankfullga447 said...

So happy for you!

Michele Bilyeu said...

My heart is so happy and so full for you, the kids, your entire beautiful family. Aoife is so darling. My almost going on 2 still is unsure of who I am after a year plus of not knowing. It's hard but it takes time and gets better. Prayers and best thoughts for the independent teenager. Its all hard but just keep on loving them all!
💜💚💙❤💜

Nancy said...

It is nice to see that family has arrived. I am sorry that you won’t see Evan. I can’t say I disagree with Evan. We have a friend who’s grandson was hospitalized after his shot with heart problems. He is 17 and they are not sure if he will ever fully recover. Right now the prognosis is not good for full recovery. I have very mixed views on shots for kids now. Most do fine but some do not and it seems like such a crap shoot.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So good to see you with your granddaughter finally! There is data to show that young boys are getting hit with heart issues due to the shot, I can understand the hesitation. I hope you can enjoy the time with the grandkids and not stress.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you were able to see your granddaughter and family. I have a family member who is avoiding the vaccine and I understand your concern. It does make gatherings more complicated as you still have to worry about extra safety concerns.

Mystic Quilter said...

Diane what a joy to see that at last you are holding Aoife! Your photos say such a lot of about the happiness you will all be feeling to be re-united for a short time. I'm saddened to read that Evan is refusing to be vaccinated, it would be madness to have him join you all for Christmas, so sorry for you all. Hope you now have your tree!