Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Winter Solstice

Bags made by Linda in my favorite African fabrics, delivered today for my birthday.
My cup runneth over.  They are so beautiful.  I love them so. Will try for a better picture in the daylight.
My 2021 tree ornament. 
 Clever parents.  It was decoupaged on a slice of stump from last year's Christmas tree.
Very creative to my point of view.  Aoife 16 months.
Aoife's daddy's idea of a Christmas photo in front of the tree.
I gasp and  Aoife loves it!!!

Grandma and Aoife.  She sat with me only because of "Wheels on the Bus" and "Old MacDonald",
but, I will take anything.  Aoife is a doll.

My daughter and SIL  have done everything they can to ease my stress.  The garage, the heaps of laundry of clothes too small for the children.....loads to Goodwill, the neighbor next door for their church, several trips to the shredder and cooking...always wonderful cooking.
I am relieved.  I am grateful. I feel supported and loved.

  There is nothing to be done about my grief with my son's choices, but my daughter's visit has given me a lifeline of survival and support.
Joy...the wonderful feeling of joy!!










 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The bags by Linda are awesome! The baby by your daughter is exquisite..The happy Grandma is the best Christmas present ever! Many blessings for a special weekend!❤️ Hugs, Susan

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy birthday, Merry Christmas!!! I'm so happy they helped clean up some of the overwhelming projects. My kids help with my garage too. Love the photo of you and Aoife.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Lovely memories and I glad you are getting a break. You have done all you can and even more in your situation.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear lady. Mine is the 24th! A busy season with wonderful memories to hold in our 💕