Thursday, June 9, 2022

That New Phase of Life

June 8, 2022
Last night was the end of school celebration at Grandma's house.  For a special event, Grandma allowed McDonald's delivery via Door Dash per  Lynsey's request.  A good time had by all.

This morning off went my dear grands to live at their mother's house.  After 8 and a half years, it is a big change for all of us.   All these friends came this morning to help them pack...How great is that!!. 

Original water color painting by artist, Norie Sanchez   xoxo

One of my favorite old quilts I made, now hanging on my wall.
It is African fabric and Australian fabric in a large snowball...
Did you not know???   I just love fabric...

I have a few antique quilts where green was faded to  brown.  I was looking online to date these quilts when I found this interesting article about the color green: Why Green Can't be Trusted
Fun article, but I still cannot find the dating clues.  One of my quilts is a red Peony from New Hampshire and the other is a Lady of the Lake quilt, half a brilliant gold, the other half that faded brown.

Moving the quilt hutch, formerly  the fabric hutch, formerly Mother;s china closet.
All this prep, let to a great display on the sofa.

Good bye picture made me cry...felt like loss all over again.

Me with my solid and smart and capable DIL
My darlings look just like their mother.
xo


Thought this was interesting ...  Masking Tape Hacks


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pat yourself on the back for completing an 8.5 year journey that you chose to take on for the childrens' sake. Someday they will realize how brave and determined you were to want them to grow up strong.

Rosa said...

You have gone above and beynd for your grandchildren. They were so lucky to have you to provide stability and love, two things that are of primary importance to raising healthy and resilient children. You deserve all the kudos and a big big BIG reward!

Mystic Quilter said...

So now you are entering a new chapter of your life knowing that you have given your three grandchildren a safe, settled and happy home for the past 8.5 years. I know you will miss them being around daily but I'm guessing you'll see plenty of them outside of school hours. Enjoy the time just for yourself now and relax.

Mary said...

I'm convinced there is a special place in heaven for you. What a wonderful legacy for your life's work.

Cathy Cartledge said...

It looks like a new season of expression is happening for you and your grandchildren. Are you moving to be closer to your daughter?