Friday, June 3, 2022

Accepting the Life as it Comes

 

Our Stitch....OK, Lynsey's Stitch.. Stitch is sorry.....so sorry.
He was asleep on the pillow next to  me a few nights back...I must have moved my hand, because he bit me...not badly, but still a bite...and as we know, cat bites can be serious...A doctor must be seen within 8 hours...Jeeze-Louize!!
I was not going to go.  The bite was not that bad...however, trusted friends at lunch insisted...OMG
Since they are the smartest of the smart, I listened to them. One hour after I left Urgent Care, Animal Control was at my door.  He put Stitch into the computer data base to find out if he was up to date on his shots.  Even though he is, I was told to quarantine him for 10 days or they would take him to the vet at my  expense for 10 days...Lordy, Lordy.... So, he could not go with the children to their new  home yesterday .... Stitch is not a "biter".  We have had him 6 years and he is the most wonderful cat ever.  Any animal will bite if startled....Naughty Stitch...is so very sorry.
Tonight I played with scraps on my awesome electric cutter.  I cut the shapes for the bowls...

Here are the purples showing off...triangles and squares..I am so glad I bought this cutter...so is my arthritis!!
Anxiety has been keeping me up at night lately. Restless me finally got up at 10am.  A saintly friend came over to fix some screens and joined me out for breakfast.  Nothing like healthy waffles and bacon and diet Coke and fine conversation to cheer the day.  Once home, I found my trusty house cleaners hard at work on my mess.  I sat on the porch with a few quilting books and woke up two hours  later to a very clean and quiet house...Grateful, grateful me!!

Tomorrow, I look forward to my gutters being cleaned and house being pressure washed.  My sister is coming to  help me de-clutter.

Lynsey told me that it was fine to put on my blog that many girls want boyfriends, but all the boys like her....OMG  She is 13....Time is so right for her to live with her mother..





4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I agree with you, any animal can react with a swift bite or scratch when startled, pure instinct. I do hope your hand is OK. So, he is now keeping company with you for a little while longer.
I also agree with your comment ab out the electric cutter, I would b e lost right now and in the future without mine, I shall be using it tomorrow to cut strips. Lynsey - yep, her mother will have fun for sure!

Nancy said...

When my children were young….very young I started early…I started telling they they could not date until they were 16 1/2 years of age. Since they had been hearing is all their lives they believed me. Even though they were probably interested in dating they never questioned that they could date earlier than 16 1/2. My son was chased by girls from a young age and I think it was a relief for him to be able to tell them his mother wouldn’t let him date yet.

I had a cat that was a biter. I never sought treatment. She was indoor only cat and was up to date on shots so I never worried about the bite. I would just apply antibiotic cream and soak my hand in epson salts if it looked like it was becoming infected. Only one of the bites over the years I had her gave me any trouble but soaking fixed it.

shoshu said...

Dianne, you are totally an inspiration to me and the first, the very first time i have a :free" minute, you are going to get that letter you deserve. i haven't forgotten
shoshana

http://thankfullga447 said...

I just love all of your quilts, bowls and your screen in porch. I have been hand quilting and I was dreading it but now I am enjoying it. Thanks for posting love the photos and glad you are getting out. That Accuquilter is so tempting maybe for christmas. I have the big cutter (10 1/2 inch squares) and it is so heavy I just need to use it.