Thursday, February 23, 2023

The Best Day in a Very Long Time!

 It is almost midnight as I remember to blog about my great day.  My sister  and two friends joined me today for lunch and laughter. I almost felt "normal"..although I surely know that "normal" does not exist.

I made bowl cozies in order to give the potholders a rest.
Here are the three I made, both sides.


A stunning day today of 77 degrees F.  Bright sun and Carolina blue skies.
Pansies blooming in my grandmother's antique  bowl.
Hyacynths Linda planted in the late fall.

I am sitting here eating a slab of Port Salud cheese, a few pretzels and a glass of Shiraz.  My brain is bursting with memories of our fine day.

Meantime, in Portland, it is snowing.
Teaching her young, Aoife clears the road for her car!!
They are all ready to leave at 5 am tomorrow for vacation...IF the airport does not close.

At today's end, I enjoyed cutting with my new Shamrock template.  I just love to be able to make "Thank you's" for the kind anf generous new friends and staff here at my new retirement village.

The lovely today ended with dinner with friends at our Bistro while Carol's Yadi cleaned my apartment.
I came home from dinner with a clean place, fresh sheets and joy in my heart.
So very grateful!!











8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I could use some sunshine. It is gray here, has been gray here and last night freezing rain on top of snow and sleet from yesterday. I can't imagine anything blooming. I think this part of February until the end of April is the hardest part of the year for me. So thrilled you had a good day to perk you up.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good days are something to celebrate about. Wow, new spring growth. Way too early for that here. Pansies like cool weather so I need to remember to shop early for them, but not for a couple more months here.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

That sounds like a truly great day on so many levels. Food and laughter, sunshine, add in some fabric, friends, dinner... but to end it with a clean apartment is truly icing on the cake. Oh, the Carolina blue sky. After moving to NC last year... I can say the SKY is just one of the best things here! It is endlessly interesting and so often beautifully blue!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely lovely day indeed. PDX cancelled lots of flights today. Portland is a mess with record breaking snowfall yesterday. My 73 year old husband made it to work out of town inspite of the roads. It is melting finally. Keep good thoughts for your lovely daughter and family. Aoife is adorable shoveling her Tyco car out - haha! Too cute! Potential shamrock potholders or other gifts is a great idea! Hugs across the miles from Oregon.

http://thankfullga447 said...

You did have a wonderful day and those quilt bowl holders are wonderful!
We use ours all the time. You did have a great temperature day and your place was cleaned up for you. We are having thunderstorms at the moment while there is snow on my front lawn. Enjoy!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh lucky you have hyacinths shooting up, a true hint of Spring.
You're certainly finishing of a good day with your supper delights Diane, and why not!! Love the photos of Aoife busy in the snow. I seem to have been missing your blog posts for some reason, thought I hadn't seen anything for some time so happy to see this one come up in my reading list.

Kaja said...

That does sound like a truly lovely day -good company, good food, good weather and some sewing to boot.

Joye with an e said...

Hey Diane,
I went to the quilt show today and saw your quilts! Nice job. Thanks so much for promoting the show on your blog. I really enjoyed the show--just the right size--you could view the quilts and visit vendor booths without being overwhelmed.