Friday, March 3, 2023

Quilty Fun and Quilt Shows

So much going on.  Today we went to the Charlotte Quilters' Guild Quilt Show.
Kind Sherry drove the old ladies.:.Fun, laughter and seeing old friends and new quilts.
I was thrilled to find a "Recognition" ribbon on my African fabric quilt.  That told me that someone appreciated my creativity...
There is also a tiny art room show in our complex:   Green theme;
The backing of the green quilt.  Made 12 years ago with many different greens.  It is a Disappearing Nine Patch.  Too bad the lighting is so poor in the art studio.
My Accuquilt die cut below added a shamrock to my potholders:
The Irish touch of a Muldoon:

Breakfast in my bowl cozy:  I have ten made..They are going to sick people....and friends...
All the way from Singapore comes some fat quarters I had been looking for forever.
Fabric seems to go out of stock just when I need it.
The lady  next door collects ducks...I see a fun potholder in our future.
I have more pictures, but have become quite lazy at blogging lately... Actually lazy at most everything.
I make the potholders and cozies while on zoom meetings.  When I have a collection made, I will then look at quilt tops lingering, and those in progress as well. Or maybe I will just eat cookies...Who knows??
Tomorrow's  goals...pool exercise, sewing and naps galore xo


 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Glad you are getting out. Praying your energy and verve fill you big time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm always happy to see a post from you. I'm glad you got the recognition ribbon. It is a wonderful quilt.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love your ribbon on your quilt, congrats. I have to write down what I need to do and I really have to push myself to do stuff. It will come back one day. For me in winter I love getting lazy but now that spring, summer are coming I can't use that as an excuse.

I have to go and check bloglovin and see how I can find patchworks (?) she was from TX and moved to be by her granddaughter. She knits, quilts and cross stich a lot.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congrats on having the ribbon on your African fabric creations!I love your Muldoon 2011 quilt Diane and keep on with the potholders and the bowl cozies.