Sunday, April 28, 2024

Gratitude

Yesterday and Thursday were great days with Lynsey's visit...so grateful I have a grandgirl like her.
Today I was supposed to go to a sit and sew, but only one other person signed up...I did not go...Ennui set in..I felt like I wasted my day...All my fault for staying up until  1:30 am last night sewing away like a  youthful soul. The result of that faulty thinking was feeling  blah today.
Tonight I got a grip.  After reading outside on this splendid day, I finished the 16 washcloths for donation.  They are all done with cute fabric like below.  A finish...good feeling.
A friend picked up this Nelly Moser Clematis for me...Someone will plant it tomorrow.  My very favorite one.
Next small finish:  extra triangles from a snowballed project.
I almost decided not to spend the time, but now....glad I did.
All cut and ready for ironing.
So I got things done after all...and two support group zooms....and lunch with friends here.....certainly letting me know that I have tons to be grateful for:
The maturity of my 15 year old granddaughter.
The one day turn around for my broken machine.
The sunny day.
A call from  my son saying not to worry about him as he was fine.
My daughter who is always in touch and with pictures too!!
My supportive DIL.
My mother who taught me to think of others when I was sad and blue.
My grandmother who taught me to sew.
And lots and lots more...as I accept that every day cannot be stellar!!
Yet still, a grateful day.


3 comments:

Julierose said...

What a pretty clematis!! Cute washcloths--great idea...Hope you are enjoying the day ...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Gorgeous clematis. Such fun washcloths. Gratitude is the best attitude. Beats the blues back and helps those around you. Good for you!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Such a great blog today - your granddaughter has become a beautiful young lady. It is all working out for you. My blog disappeared so that might be the end for awhile.
Stay well and spring is here. We are fine here in Omaha after the terrible tornado.