Saturday, April 27, 2024

Grateful Grandma

 Lovely Lynsey is 15 now...We went out to dinner last night and had a great time...My friends were all delighted with her beauty and her poise...(I am NOT prejudice...not at all)  She  has taken to spend Thursday nights with me. I am so grateful I had the strength to raise my grands for 8.5 years..and  more than grateful their healthy mom can do such a great job now...Gratitude...sigh...a wonderful thing.

Lynsey did not like the food at my house.(no teenage food she said)   She offered to go shopping at Aldi for  me...Aldi without Lynsey is a very sad thing.  She told me to stay in the car and she would handle it all...She took my credit card, did the shopping, loaded it in the car and into the apt and put it all away.; It was just like we used to do when we were living together.



A couple here has befriended me...She is 89 and a half years old.  On occasion, she invites me to exercise in the pool with her.  OMG, after this last time, I could barely walk the next day... Her husband turns 95 on May 1st.  I made him this "Happy cloth".  They are fun to make and give away.  I figure that cleaning things like kitchen counters, car dashboards, or cleaning anything...is a boring job.  A cloth decorated with fun fabric should cheer the day .   He will get a kick out of this one.!!
With my arthritis, gardening seems impossible for me...Such a fall risk!!
There are friends here who have no gardens and wish they did... I have offered up mine for them to do with what they want...Such a win-win...Charlene and Lucy started last week cleaning and organizing the small patio garden.  Already I feel more peaceful and grateful.  I like gardens wild and busy; they like gardens tidy.  I do not care. I am grateful.for the friendship and the help.
At Wednesday's Women last week, I tried to attach this African fabric trim to my online sale jacket.
It was a disaster.  Somehow, I hit a hidden part of the zipper with my needle.  I destroyed the bobbin case and put the needle casing out of alignment.. OMG, Sherry put my sewing machine into the car for fixing and finished my shirt.on my second machine
..THANK YOU Sherry!!!
I was in the shop at Quilt Patch fabrics the next morning by ten thirty am and back home with my machine  by 3 pm.  There is a new repair man there named Bill who is very very nice...TBTG  He cleaned my machine too.  He said it was very dirty????  Hmm , it has only been 9 months since cleaning....Every day sewing makes dirty happen.  I do not care....Sewing makes me happy.


More things to be joyful about:  My cleaning lady came today...wonderful..
It was a bit chilly here today at 65..., but Friday week it will be 90!!!!  Spring is here...Nothing better than that...



1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Lynsey is a beautiful young lady. I hope she continues with the Thursday evenings with you. How great to have her do some shopping and to put it all away too.