Saturday, July 27, 2024

Self Care

That mind -body connection tells me that I must take care of myself.  This pinched nerve in my hip area is killing me as I struggle to walk pain-free.  Thinking today to let go of all my commitments in order to relax.

Today, that meant for me....go to the pool and exercise the joints..... Sit in the Bistro here, with a glass of water....joined by friends of the same political pursuasion as I am.....a chat for two hours.


 Sitting outside on this lovely, breezy day finishing this important historical book.


Sewing is my favorite meditation...especially scrap potholders...Here are some tops I made.for gifting when finished.

Adjusting a shirt I had in the wings waiting for the fix......  All with the door wide open, protected by the screen...Enjoyiing the the breeze and Placido Domingo on Alexa.

I have left all the sorting and mundane to Monday.  Tomorrow will be a day of rest as well...after my friend's birthday breakfast.

I am pain free while sitting...such a relief...Seems like age is upon me and each day a new ailment...

Joy is living here in the lap of luxury

Joy is accepting life on life's terms.


Yesterday out of the blue a friend handed me these flowers to spread joy .

It worked...

(PS...I also ate some cookie-dough)  Do not tell my grands as they think I am way too old for that  vice!!!


1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yes, self care is expensive in time and focus. But without it, everything else we love suffers. I am glad you can sew and swim and enjoy the day.