Sunday, June 28, 2015

A few fly bites cannot stop a spirited horse. MARK TWAIN

This post is just about stuff...so..
Happy Thanksgiving Muggs...
I have eight online fabric shops sending me emails..Deal of the Day, etc....
  Today I had to unsubscribe to 7 because I have had absolutely no control over myself..
 Shopping therapy is helpful..but does not fix my pain...sigh.
I did sneak in Hancock of Paducah..I just couldn't let her go.

"When my husband was dying, I said: 'Moe, how am I supposed to live without you?' He told me: 'Take the love you have for me and spread it around.'"
Thank you Mother for teaching me this!!

and then there is...
Inspiration from Marc and Angel Hack

Hello...my mantra....lol


A finish..bad pix for some bright sun reason..ugh...too lazy to re-do.
 Backing...better...ho hum at least it is done..
And so it goes..up and down and all around.  Even if I cannot write the thank you notes and I cannot email blog comment thank yous and I cannot...cannot...no energy..no focus...
I still am grateful for you all.
xxoo

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay for another sailing shi[p, I love those blocks. I get heaps of fabric shop emails too and have been thinking I should unsubscribe, they are full of temptation. Great sayings, I particularly like the one about spreading love around. Congratulations on a quilt finish!! It looks lovely sitting in the sun.

ES said...

Some days I cannot pass up a sale that I have heard about from an email! Sometimes it does feel good to grab a treat, other times I feel out of control!! Sending you love, you're in my thoughts.

smazoochie said...

I think you know, like I knew, that the shopping is an attempt to fill a hole that really can't be filled -- at least not with fabric, only time & the love & support of family & friends can help, not fill the hole, but help us learn to live with it.
I spent my second week of vacation in a hospital waiting room (Mother-in-law (she's okay)) & met a woman who was 2 weeks a widow. She radiated peace & love.
Sending you her peace & love & some from me, too.