Saturday, February 3, 2018

Grandma O'Quilts needs a Hug

Please send virtual hugs and cheer to Grandma O'Quilts....
cuz I fell today and am feeling so sorry for self.
Yesterday was awesome...today, not so much.
Lynsey went to her very first sleepover last night.
Dear old Grandma made the present as directed by Lynsey.
All my grands have had them for years...so perfect for car rides, etc.
The inside pocket in the Irish theme...
Yesterday I had the best catch up lunch...
To my friend, I delivered Four Patch in Orange, number 4..a lap quilt.
Last night my dear SIL came in for the night...
Today, he moved their storage furniture, etc
into pods bound for Portland and their new house.
We had a lovely dinner out at Kabab-je...a favorite.

I am sick of this quilt...it  is taking forever to find a border...too dark, too  light,
not enough contrast, ugh..I think I will just forget it for tonight as I am gloomy with pain.

Wednesday night quilters...Voila Muggs embroidery on her new machine that has had for less than a week...a whiz, she is...an initialed pillowcase for her Aunt Lee' 99th.  Great job Muggs.
Marie is off to the races with these handy casserole warmers...
Sherry designed them and taught us how to  make them...another whiz in our group.
In different colors, you can buy these casserole /carrier/warmers on
SherryLynne Fabrics

Life changes in a freaking second...
I had been impoving...slowly, but improving.
Today, I was going out to my SIL's rented truck to see if there were any storage leftovers that I wanted.  My foot missed the brick on the sidewalk and off I went flat on my face.  TBTG Brian and his helper were able to break my fall...Flat on the ground, not really hysterical...but kinda...all I could think of was the end of my new hip..and having the operation all over again.
I knew I was dead...so dead.
The man helping Brian told me to look at  him...as I lay on the ground...He said I was not dying, that God was in charge not me...
I did not die. 
 I did not break my hip, nor anything else as I am quite well padded.
So worth the chocolate!!

The two of them lifted me up...a grande feat...good thing that they had been practicing with heavy furniture this morning...OMG
Down from the attic came the old walker...
Out from the corner came the 5 colorful canes..
Then off went my SIL to the airport to catch the flight to Portland.
And, here am I alone.
A great big baby...without Mr. O'Quilts!!
I am trying not to cry.

8 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

So sorry to read about your fall Diane - seems to be one thing after another for you presently doesn't it - thank goodness there were two good helpers on hand and t to know you may be bruised but not badly hurt, which is a blessing. Take things slowly for a few days, sending virtual hugs your way and all good wishes!!

Bridget said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs! I fell with extra padding. Some bruising, but otherwise good to go. So I am glad you are padded, too. Cheers.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I am sending you a hug. Just rest for a few days & you will be back to your old self again.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Falls are so shocking - never planned - I’m glad nothing is broken and that you had people with you when it happened - virtual hugs to you -

Michele Bilyeu said...

Thank goodness for miracles, extra padding, and chocolate! After 65, good cries are essential for letting good humor back in. Otherwise, we'd be so full of feelings we'd pop! Your SIL and his merry band of moving men came at just the right time. One good man helping others. He's still here, Diane. You just can't see him. 💜💜💜

Karaquilts said...

OH, it is sooo scary to fall ~ ~ and to have an audience, but thankfully it was a helpful audience!!! I can imagine SIL had a hard time leaving you after that event! My suggestion agrees that you should go ahead and have a good cry or six ~ ~ or watch a sad movie and cry over someone else's life losses and release some of your overflow on their behalf :) Tears are cleansing and very healthy. I so hope it is only bruises and a bit of dignity bruised along with your body.

I fell in the doorway of the Quilt/sewing machine repair shop one day ~ ~ most awkward, tripped on the rug, I guess. They made me stay on the ground until the EMT's arrived ~ ~ who lifted me to my feet like magic after they determined (what I already knew) that nothing was broken. I was pretty sore for a week or so, but quite okay, so I will wish that will be the worst for you. Sore for a few days.

Do you have any good books??? Hugs, hugs and more hugs!

Julie said...

I'm sitting here nodding as I read the good comments. Yes, falls are scary as much for the element of surprise as the, "How in the world did I wind up here so fast?" And I think the older I get, the more of a shock. Did skinned knees and bruises hurt this bad when I was a child? Let it out, let it out! Letting out one emotion makes room for another, I think. Do the sad to angry to resolved course, and find something good to refocus on. May I suggest a new, cheery quilt project? I'll be thinking of you.

Rhonda said...

Those kinds of falls are quite frightening but God's helpers were there to lift you up! I'm sending warm thoughts your way my friend!!!