Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Holiday Tale of my Clever Friends

Sharing here...my Wednesday night quilting group..so talented
A birthday party like no other.
First up, my zippy, flat bag I made for my Democratic friend, Carol..
 The bag backing is vinyl with lining of batik I bought at the now closed
Fabric Depot in Portland.  Bag idea from Ellen.
My girl brought me wine in a can from Dear Mom..in Portland
How perfect is that!!!
And.some Cotton and Steel thread.for me to try.
You all know about the fabric love...look at the ice cream flavors...
From the minute Muggs got her embroidery machine, that girl was on it.
My lavender sachets...with my favorite flower, the sunflower...and
The Swedish Dala horse with my initial
 Look what backing she found on Spoon flower...perfect!!
Jean made the luggage tag holders and the crochet snowflake

Creative Drenna made needle receptacles for our used needles from saved
gum holders...She added..colorful tape to brighten the containers
 She took a used purse, saved the vinyl and voila..zippy purses.
Sherrie made a string bag for the wonderful jar of honey she gave me.
Carol found me a Swede!!!!
Terri wins the clever of all clevers of the night.
She made favors for all 12 of us..
A little green box from construction paper
 Then she applied candy cane scrap booking paper
to the top of the box AND to each little candy within..
 Terri, you are a genius.
My girl and I went to Walmart this afternoon...happenstance saw trees marked down to $7 from $38
My girl said we must have a real tree when we can get it...sooo.
The white tree went onto the screened in porch, visible from the living room.
And....the real tree came inside.
Excitement was delightful.
I think Christmas spirit came in tonight
My daughter fetched an old tree stand..my son and his children
put the lights on...
All done before the quilting birthday parties began.
For some reason, my friends think I have stress in my life.
Lavender items galore...all to soothe my stress.


Then there is the always generous Cousin Ann....xoxo
My friends are all so wonderful.
My son and daughter are the best.
I am blessed and happy tonight.

Of course, I did just have to add this link for your
perusal...Just cuz...just cuz...that is all...
It is still there, you know....
Physical Symptoms of Grief

Red wine tastes better in a Christmas cup of my mother's
To think that all my life I was told that I am 50% Swedish.
Now, Ancestry tells me that I am 40% Swedish and 20% Norwegian .
I wish my grandmother was still here....to hear about this one...
My brother told me to forget Ancestry.com and listen to Grandma.
Way to go brother...

3 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love love love.
So much incredibly wonderful love.
Merry Christmas, Diane ❣🎄💜🕯

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Much love to you and your lovely family, brilliant you found a real tree to make it extra special for everyone.
Hugs
josie

Karaquilts said...

Oh, what a treat! Your party, your family, & your account of both. So many clever,original people:) happy, happy birthday. BTW, I'm with your brother. Listen to Grandma!!!