Sunday, May 29, 2022

Life per Grandma O'Quilts

Aoife, my heart...last few days in Ireland at a family function.

Finally finished...took forever as I dawdled and dawdled...
 In the bright light of the day. (with backing)
In the dusk, colors fade and take on that subtle evening hue..
I had to make myself finish this top.  It has been going on and on forever.
Will now piece the backing and put it in the quilting pile.  Money may loosen up a bit with my darlings moving back with their mother.  I may choose to have a few long armed so I can gift them.
Meantime, I am all over the place trying to find places for my excess of trinkets, etc. The family collections of a life time.

As I work on downsizing, I found a huge batt of Insul-brite...cutting some of it into 8 inch squares for my beloved potholders.
Change is so hard...aging is too.
Today's relaxation on my screened in porch...lovely.

My broken heart presents this:
I have no control

But, I can control this:
My heart that knows that love can only be given by small things with great love (Mother Teresa)
I try to spread it one potholder at a time.  If there is an outside chance that this mini piece of useful art can bring a smile to someone else....It is so worth the try. xo












1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your potholders are so unique. I'm sure the recipients love them. Enjoy that screened in porch before it gets too hot to be outside.