Thursday, July 7, 2022

De-Stressing 101

I am moving to an apartment in a senior living facility.  I so am very ready to care for myself and get myself out of my exhausted black hole. I already have four friends there waiting for me.
Lynsey painted this birdhouse for my new garden...with lovely words on the bottom.
Knowing how much my grands care, makes it all worthwhile.
Taking big colored popsicle sticks and writing sayings on them to encourage me on...is my next de-
stressor.

I can grab one a day to help me remember what is important.
Sad me, leaving my new and awesome sewing room.  It is now empty and ready for a new life. Bookcases made by my dear love.


In 8 days my house goes on the market, no sign, just online.
Empty yellow room, or living room...All rooms, freshly painted from my flood last year.
Dear friend, Michael emptied some shelves in the garage.
My sister and my friends have saved me from myself in this endeavor.
Seventeen year old Evan.
Evan's best friends, Jake and Miles
Missing my Aoife.  Here she is in my closet, reading books with Bunny xo
They have been home in Portland, Oregon for about 10 days. now.
Unfortunately, the gift of Covid came to all three from the airport or airplane.
Poor little Aoife with  her splotchy face and low grade fever.  They are a bit better now, but still test positive for Covid.

A very sad thing happened a few days ago. Both of my televisions were stolen from my garage. It is not that I watch TV that often, it is just one more thing to add to my stress level and broken heart.

I  have not been able to sew for 10 days, busy packing and resting and freaking out...OMG
Tonight I was able to just do some random scrap sewing...very relaxing.
This block was sized by the computer as...in my overwhelmed state, I realize I have packed my rotary cutters and only God knows where....Jeeze Louize!!!
I will be living in my empty house for many weeks...sigh...living just in my sewing room!!

Of course a little vino helps ...Sad that I am out...but chocolate , I found.
Today I was under the weather all day...all stress....ALL!  Our family have lived in this house for 28 years. Memories of my man, my mother, my health, my dog and cats...sigh...
Did I mention how stressed I am...
 I must remember to write on my popsicle sticks a saying I heard:
"Every cloud eventually runs out of rain"

xoxoox





















7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Just hang in there, change is always hard and you have had 2 big changes with the kids moving to their mother's house and now you are ready to move. Look forward, not back.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Moving is one of life's most stressful endeavors, and 28 years is a lot to leave. But you carry the memories with you. Your new apartment sounds like a great idea and the fact that you have friends already there, is awesome!

Mystic Quilter said...

It is always difficult to leave a home and garden of many years, especially with the memories you have. You will be able to set up an exciting new sewing room in your apartment, the stress of looking after three grandchildren will be behind you, make time to re-charge your batteries and enjoy your new place.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I think that is wonderful that you will have a place to live that has less work for you. I wish you well in your new place. Moving is definitely stressful because it feels like you are leaving so many memories behind and it is so much work.

Rebecca Grace said...

I am so sorry to hear of the theft of your televisions. It's not so much the value of what was stolen as it is a violation, surely compounding all of the stress and mixed emotions you're experiencing as you pack up and prepare to leave a home that has blessed you and your family for so many years. Hopefully the worst is behind you and this next chapter of life will be rich with blessings and wonderful memories yet to be made.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love love love these wonderful and loving and supportive gifts from your grandchildren. Perfect gifts full of bright colors, positive thoughts and so much love! You can do this! 💜💜💜

Linda Swanekamp said...

I wish I could write the words you need to hear. Although things are tough and hard, the reality is you have resources, the love of your family, a sewing/design gift, friends, and the freedom to make your choices. You can make it and thrive.