Friday, July 22, 2022

Someone Turns Two Years Old

Today is the day.  Our Aoife is two years old.  Here we are, Grandma and her Aoife saying goodbye on Facetime!!

Our Aoife's birthday surprise...Rhino cast hip brace!! See, when Emily tripped down several stairs with baby in arms, even though Aoife did not fall, evidently the leg muscle weight was heavier than her bone and her femur cracked.  The pediatric ortho said the crack is probably all the way up to the end, hidden by the muscle.  Therefore:  Her new brace.  Doc said it will be fine and heal itself, the brace is just to be sure that it does not get worse. Six weeks I think, but do not know for sure. The girl is not in pain, so all is as good as it gets TBTG


Aoife at the park with her braces and Rosie, her guard dog.!!
Why are they at the park on her birthday?? Well, it is way in the 90s in Portland and my girl and her family have no AC in their 3 story house made in 1907.  I hear that that is about to change!!!

I have been so freaking stressed this past week or so.  My house has been on the market for 5 days.
I have had 30 showings.  Not too much interest as it is not in good shape. Being an ALS widow raising children has not given me the time, nor money to keep up with things. Yet, I think the number of showings is incredible...Dear realtor wants me to do exactly as she says and I have been pushing back. Sigh.  She wants to lower the price....Yes Mam, I said finally.!!
I am so tired of being out of the house and eating PBJ for dinner, so it will not mess up the house.
Guess this is the process when a person sells a house.
I am, once again, exhausted.

Above is friend of the century:  Quilting friend of 20 years, Sherry!!!
I must have done something right. I could not have done this without her. Many days, I would have just given up.

The other day, there were 10 showings at my house..OMG I had to be gone all day.  I went to  my new place pool and then watched the construction workers put in my patio door.  I met a man at the pool who said his wife is learning to quilt.  They live in my building...This is not to be finished until the end of August...seems so far away.  As I wait for my house to sell, I ponder, where on the patio wall will I put my quilt barn star from Oregon.

It was so  nice to have a place to rest while my house was being shown. I had lunch with friends, and just relaxed.
Things were rough this week too as my bruises from my falls two weeks ago finally surfaced...getting better slowly with daily swimming in the pool. Pain is depressing and makes everything look worse than it is.



This is what I did with scraps while Zooming and fretting.  Only a quilter would understand the beautiful relaxation that comes from putting together scraps. And, as I am moving and found 10 boxes of scraps...making something now of them..is encouraging. Loving showcasing some of my grandmother's old embroidery in my patches

With the help of friends, I am realizing, once again, that the darkest cloud eventually runs out of rain.


Waiting now for birthday cake pictures.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have had more showings than the house behind me that is also being sold as is. They lowered the price last week, 29 days online.
Just look forward, to the joy you will have in a smaller space that is new and clean.

Charlotte M. said...

The pool is one of the best places for us to get some exercise as we get older. No impact, and just being outside and not sweating is great! We try and go to our apartment's pool Monday through Friday. It's too crowded on the weekends, but during the week, we often have it to ourselves. As few houses as are on the market right ow, someone will want yours and be willing to fix it up. It just might take a wee bit longer. Hang in there.