Thursday, July 28, 2022

This Life of Mine

Most days. this is the scene from my front yard.  A bit of country in the city.

My empty bedroom ready for the selling.

Only two years old...once!!
Ava and Lynsey enjoy each other at the beach.

The boys...now includes Tyler, age 13...
Five children, four cats, one dog, one ferret in a corn field...
These grands at the beach...a lovely two week vacation.
The hardest  part about being old is the feeling of abandonment as everyone goes on with their lives.
Even my special well loved quilting groups  have forgotten each other:  Covid changed the world as we knew it.  It adds to the isolation and sadness.


House for sale...OMG..Home where I lived for 28 years, where I raised 2 families, where  my dear man died, where I got old and tired.
Because of the showings, I spent a day at my sister's house.
For the first time in over two years, I had help basting a quilt.  So comforting!!
My sister wins the award for the heroine this time!!!
She takes great care of her older sister.

Not only did we sew, but she made hot brownies with ice cream served on our mother's china.

My sister's stash!!
Boo and Leia at my sister's house.  Getting along just fine.  
In fact, Boo dissed me so that day.  Very unforgiving Boo Baby.
 Tonight's sewing while I Zoom for my mental health.
Men's shirts from Goodwill, cut up to make a laid back holiday quilt.

And so it goes.  Grands now, 17, 13, 12, and two.( added step ones...13 and 4) Love them all.
Me so old and weary...Please God, let me survive the selling of my dear old house.














 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those cats have attitude don't they? Yay, for getting a quilt basted.
I hope your house sells fast so you don't have to leave for showings any more.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I know this isn't easy for you. I just got out of the hospital I had a massive blood clot in both of my lungs; you never know. Home and mending, I will quilt tomorrow. The nurses took such good care of me - it was like a spa (I never been to a spa before).