Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Mrs. O'Quilts Checks In

The lastest disaster is my laundry room leak due to loaded gutters, and a horrid rain storm
This has delayed my home's listing  until next Monday.
Who are the heros of the month??

David and Heather..who came to the rescue with their friends, fixing my rotten deck boards and facilitating the ceiling leak from getting worse.  They came right over to save my day.
Hearts of gold and smart as a whip.
Only a quilter would pack all 15 of her rotary cutters so she did not have one to use before her move.???.
Then ordered two more online to use now. 
Meantime in Oregon, Covid cured, the family went cherry picking on a fine day.
Aoife took a bite out of many cherries, then put them back to taste another!!
In 9 days, Aoife will be two years old.  Amazing.
The North Carolina grands..:  Lynsey and her sister , Ava.
When my awesome SIL was going through the attic to clear it out, he came down with one of my grandmother's boxes of  pigs.  OMG.  Grandma was born in 1896 and died in 1996.  She said that caring for the family pigs in Sweden as a young child taught her how smart the pig is.
Another find:  A prayer card for Alice, the Patron Saint of Paralysis.
Who would have known as my mother died as a result of a Parkinson's fall.
Glad my mother  never knew about the "Saint" part...We would never have heard the end of it.

Today, I fell again, the second time in two weeks.  I was even on the cane.  TBTG Sherry was here to care for me. I am sooooo lucky.for good friends. Tomorrow I will have many bruises but no broken bones...And Sherry found my walker....UGH , an old lady walker for young and spry me!!
No sewing is enough to stress anyone!!
Today, I have hope....TBTG and TBT friends. xo

I am sooooo grateful for all the notes of encouragement and love from throughout the land.
xoxo







4 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Hang in there! Half of the battle is getting the house listed. I hope you get a fast sale. You have a lot of great friends and support!

Cathy Cartledge said...

Diane, troubles and treasures for sure. Treasures among friends who help and show up are the best. I hope you accept an offer way above the listing price!

Charlotte M. said...

Hopefully with the way the market is right now your home will sell fast and you can move on to the next phase. Please be careful. No more falling.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What horrible timing to have trouble with the house now before you get a chance to sell it. I am glad you had help to take care of it. Now you can focus on taking care of yourself. Be careful, use the walker.