Friday, July 15, 2022

Posting, Just Because

 

Good but scary day today

I am frightened I will fall again, so I minded my friends and used my walkers. I cannot wait  until this old house is sold and I am safely nestled in my new apartment.

Today, the roofer came.  Insurance will not pay for the leak, but will pay for the inside damage. He was sooo nice and helpful.  I met someone whose husband died of ALS two years ago. Was  happy to hook her up to our online support group that has saved my life and has given me lovely new friends all over the country.

I am blessed with special friends with different talents to  help me...So lucky to have smart and capable ones...so grateful.  A few at home fixes, then back to lunch for the fifth day in a row to Le Peeps, eating with the same friend and eating the same choices.  Such comfort in consistency, right now, especially. A nice nap after and zoom meetings on my Ipad...because my computer has sound but no video.. I have little flying flour bugs all over the house.  There is nothing in my pantry...jeeze louise.  The exterminator came with spray yesterday...but there are still a few bugs left, probably laying more eggs...UGH.

Just want you to know that being friends with a quilter, has strings attached!!

After my nap, I must have talked with 5 friends.. Such comfort.  News...one friend had a bad car accident.  Aoife and Emily had a fall down the stairs and now Aoife is in ER to see if she has anything  broken...

Tonight during zoom, I used my awesome and trusty electric Accuquilter to cut triangles...Tomorrow I will use the 2.5 inch die to cut the rest of the small scraps into usable bits...I so love that  cutter!!

Sisters Quilt Show 2022

If we cannot go, it sure is nice to have a friend like Suzette to share the link xoxoxoxo 

The comfort of knowing we are amongst the stars.

Helps me feel like I am part of the universe and it is not all about me.

Humbling...Thank you Sherry xoxoox


ps Charlotte, Thank you for your encouragement.  I lost your email xoxo

 

 

 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

One of the most valuable things you are doing is keeping connected with people- sharing and getting encouragement. I hope you can get some gentle exercise routine to strengthen your core so you will be confidence in balance. What a useful machine your Accuquilt is! I don't use mine enough (non electric) and need to work it into cutting my fabrics.