Thursday, September 5, 2024

That Damn Pearl

 These handy vinyl bags close with a Velcro strip.  They are lined with Rip Stop and can be  used for food, make up, etc and can be washed. I used them for my grandchildren for school and camp with a name  label. These are for cards here at my apartment complex.  They have been so well recieved that I was asked to make two more.


The other day, in our art room, I gave a small class on making  Japanese Knot bags...Free tutes are all over u-tube.
In order to demonstate the steps, I made several bags showing the different steps in the process.  Once home, I was delighted to finish them up.
  I heard through the grape-vine that the holidays are soon here.   If all that is as soon as this September has arrived....I have to catch my breath and get working....no time for stewing and moping

Speaking of all that, somehow, Pearl found out where I live now.  I have been free of her for quite some time.
She came via an X-ray at the ortho place near me.  That X-ray showed a hip with no cartilege left that is begging for a  hip replacement.???  Jeeze Louize....Another joint replacement....It will be my 5th and I am so not into that now.  But pain accompanies every step when walking. I hobble on a walker with a sad spirit and a big ouch.  Pearl rides with me on my walker seat as I try to decide acceptance or the fight.  
Of course the doc will want me to lose my grief weight...Impossible I say, just impossible..
Pearl agrees....She so loves the company of discontent

What to do????  What to do???
Well, I am going to bed and let each day make its own decision.
In 4 weeks I am supposed to have some shot in my groin...that should be fun.
And then,  one day at a time..
Grateful for friends like all of you.


1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your work is so lovely and encouraging. I can only sew stuff that is flat like I could only knit scarves when I knit. Pearl is a pest. So sorry about the hip. From people I have known, the hip replacement recovery is easier than the knee. When you find the secret to losing weight, let me know!