Monday, May 22, 2017

In the Heat of the Night

Here we go on a random top.
I kind of hate it, but I will put it together.
I have found that what I hate today, tomorrow may be just fine.

When Cousin Ann visited last month, she brought me a set of teas for sampling.
I love the Queen Ann one...lol
Guess Cousin Ann would have known that!!!
Poor Evan is learning the lesson of...when folks are good to us...we say " thank you".
He is also perfecting his sewing.
Potholder time.
I am giving him a break...I will sew the bindings down.
Here we have one for the school nurse and for a teacher who is a Tar Heel fan.
 My antique treasure from Cheraw...now hanging in my living room
Stephanie hung it.. I did not have the guts to tell her that it had to come down for a tube.
The clips are pulling at the edge.
I understand it is Old Maid's Puzzle.
Today was a great sewing day with Ms Sherry and friends..out to lunch too.
Tomorrow I am going to the pool.
Tomorrow I would like to take off the entire 50 pounds of widow weight.
I would... I really would...I could really get into the magic thing..
But, like I tell my son....50 miles into the woods, means 50 miles out of the woods.....
to get better.
Sigh.
Good night.

3 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Your quilt is lovely, I like the different optical patterns. Enjoy your lunch with friends. The pot holders that Evan made are brilliant. Your old quilt looks beautiful but you're right, it does show that a sleeve is needed. We will take our grandies to their swimming lessons as usual tomorrow, I love swimming but need a new costume before I go.

Hugs

Rachaeldaisy said...

Queen Ann tea sounds lovely!! As lovely as Cousin Ann!! It's great Even is making pot holders, such a special, and handy gift for his nurse and teacher. Its so true that what we hate today we might love tomorrow. Having a break from the design wall really helps sometimes.

Karaquilts said...

And sometimes when I don't like how something looks, I find it looks a bit different when it's connected and bordered or two-bordered.

I LOVE the vintage quilt ~ ~ there was a time in my younger era when I was a bit gaga over pinks and grays. Still like them today. Ask Stephanie's advice about adding a tube ~ ~ get it to be her idea :):) maybe.

Glad Evan is creating again. It is good for his soul, too, I'm sure. My gran is busy at her machine at this very moment. She's sooo creative. and fun. Enjoy your day!