Wednesday, March 7, 2012

C.Diff...a therapy post, not a quilting post

I know this is a quilting blog, but sometimes I just have to vent and do a therapy post.  You all may be sick and tired of it, but I just need to!  Yesterday, my sister and I thought was the day our mother was dying.  We both sat by her side holding her hand while she slept doing some apnea stuff, scaring us to death.  In fact, I was so sure of her dying, that I let some of my favorite staff members choose a hat from her hat collection on the wall to keep themselves.  After work today, I went to see her.  Someone was feeding her, she was clear minded and  weak and when I left she was reading the New Yorker.  Found this article on AOL today, C.Diff....It is exactly what is contributing to her demise..I hope I never have to go to a hospital!


2 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

I've read of similar situations on other's blogs. In fact, I commented on one blog that maybe it wasn't the flu that their nursing home was keeping visitors out from...turned out it was c. diff. That stuff can sure spread and truly make people so sick they do appear to be dying. How incredibly stressful for all of you. My heart goes out to you and I can certainly empathize.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A friend of mine (my age) just ended up in the hospital with c.diff. She got it after having antibiotics for something else. It can be a pretty hard on a body. I know what a roller coaster ride you are on, and you can't do anything about it. That's what is frustrating. Hang in there and keep yourself well.