Monday, February 15, 2016

A Familiar F Word.

FINISHED.
As in missing from my reality at this time.
On every design wall, draped over every chair, in every cupboard..exists..co-exists
The UN-finished.
All while I start something new.
Poor fox needs to move on...
 Just a quick sit at the machine would do this one...
not to mention the machine itself...needs oiling..
 All done but a corner and a binding....abandoned...
Should I care?
Kinda...but not enough...hee hee..
Just love those cross blocks in pretty colors and my potholders..
Just love easy.

Happy Valentine's Day late...
February 14.....10 months a widow.
I am still quite frail.
A lovely dinner out with new widow friends.
Can politics destroy new friendships?
I do not know.
Because my mind is wobbly, it is hard for me to negotiate differences right now.
Politics are fraught with emotions at a time when my feelings are unstable.
Guess I will have to see how it goes.
Most of my successful groups have banned political discussions in respect of others.
I want to be stronger.
That takes time.
Meantime, as I nod off in my recliner...I dream of new projects....
...Of new possibilities.
I dream of Hope.

4 comments:

Connie said...

I think that you might be less confused if you would make a list of the things you need to do to finish off some of these projects. Lists always help me get moving in the right direction. There will be a great satisfaction checking things off your list. As for gathering with friends, why don't you try something lite where there are no deep discussions about anything. An exercise group, or going to a movie. You can have fun together but still not have things like politics come up. Then again you can take a cue from Scarlet O'Hara, in Gone With The Wind, and say, “Fiddle de dee, tomorrow is another day” and change the subject.
Fine the joy in each day, even if it is just a small amount . . . if you feed on it and nourish it, it will grow into much more.
God bless you,
Connie :)

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

It's so much easier to start a new project than decide which ufo to finish :-) I am easily distracted by something new. No politics or religious chat with others, it makes people uncomfortable.
Which new project is calling you?

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've accepted UFOs are just part of quilting, they'll be there when you feel like finishing them. I stay away from talking about politics, there's always other things to chat about.

Rhonda said...

I totally understand your mind-set!!! Politics, finishing anything....not important at this time. Groups are good but remember each person in that group may be at a slightly different stage than you. I say set your own pace, enjoy the simple things. That's what will pull you forward minute by minute, day by by. Hope that helps my friend!!!