Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Love, Absolute Love

Now, this is love:

Actually, so is this:
The fine eye that visits to help me...and folds my African fabric on a shelf where I can reach it.

The visiting quilting friend, helping me choose African fabric for my last four blocks.

My girl's Irish family found this in a closet for her to use when she visits there.
She and her man bought a house next to his Irish homestead.
Does anyone know anything about this machine???



 Outlook

My road is a ribbon,

special for me.

It winds round the mountain,

down to the sea.

It crosses the field

and stops on a hill.

Forever it runs

yet ever is still.

My road is a ribbon,

once old, always new,

a curious pathway

to my point of view.  


by  Alice FC Burt

My mother, long dead, still comforts me with her poetry.


3 comments:

Cherie said...


That little quote choked me up. It says it all doesn't it. xx

Linda Swanekamp said...

I remember after my heart attack when I was so weak, a friend stopped over unannounced and helped me get the invitations for my daughter's baby shower done and out and helped me plan it. I could not have pulled it off but for her. My daughter did not get how hard it was for me. Now that friend is battling breast cancer and I am longarming a quilt for her she picked out my tops. The little poem packs a gigantic punch.

Teresa said...

Caring and understanding friends are on of God's many blessings in our lives.