Friday, May 7, 2021

That "God Thing" Saves My Day

 The past few days have been just awful.  I am trying to level myself.  The children are with their mother for the weekend and my son has moved in with some friends for awhile.  The kitchen sink flooded the entire downstairs.  Now I have to call the insurance company...the floor boards are coming up.  The kids and I had to buy more towels at Walmart to clean up some of the mess. 

Look at my rug and quilts and towels all outside full of water.  Honestly I am at a loss as to what to do here....TBTG it is not supposed to rain this week.

I had to cancel Sujata's workshop because I am so stressed. 

I heard that this is all called "life". If I tell myself that hard times make a person stronger, then I must be stronger than I feel.  Thank you God for the dogs and the cats, and survival.

Thanks to Linda's brilliant math figurer-out skills, I have been able to cut four more blocks of my Churn Dash of African fabric...Will cut the solids tomorrow.

No center align here because.....
For some reason my brain is not working tonight. so I am getting even more technology impaired.

Now: About the "God thing"!!
Today was a perfect day to receive a quilting card from a friend.  "African Queen", by Mary Buxton.

I got great support from my daughter and my sister and my DIL Stasi
It is great not to feel so alone.
The cherry on top was a night visit from my neighbor.
Look what she brought me!!!!
Free Spirit joy!!!
And tomorrow my sister is coming over to help me even though her  own plate is way more than full!!!




7 comments:

Cherie said...

Sounds like life isn't great fun for you just now. Hang on in there as brighter days are to come.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the Free Spirit fabric. Don't love what you are going through. I think adversity just shows us what we are made of and how fragile life and balance are. Even though I use tech all the time, it flattens my brain and understanding on a regular basis (just bought a new cell phone- no manual given and a few lines online, AGGH!). I am grateful that you have people who love and help you. Too bad I did not live closer.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh Diane, so sorry to read and see the results of the of flood!! Do you need to wash the quilts again? Shame about the class cancellation, I had considered this class but I have enough going on in my life right now. I have her book of course and will make Peppermint Pinwheels one day. In the mist of all the troubles for you presently can I say how much I love the African Queen card sent on to you, very rich looking fabrics in the quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Yes, thank God for the furbabies and the sisters and the friends who bring you the good fabric to cheer you up! I hope next week is better for you.

Kaja said...

Your flood sounds awful but I am glad that you have had help with the clearing up and good people around to offer you support and fabric!

Karen said...

Your insurance company should send in a company to help dry out the area. They will put in big fans and dehumidifiers for up to two weeks to dry the floors and walls so they can be repaired. Ask them about it in case they don’t bother to mention it. Also take pictures of anything that is ruined. Good luck. Also be sure to get several estimates for repairs.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hugs hugs hugs!