Friday, May 21, 2021

Loveships

 Just when you think no one loves you, just when you think no one cares. 

 You have no friends and you have no hope

Someone invites you to lunch

Someone sends you fabric in the mail

A card of a painting by Rex Ray
A card of friendship from the Guild.

Someone sends you a day of cleaning by her cleaning lady.
Someone comes and sews with you, helping to organize.
Someone calls and listens to you without judgment or telling you what to do.

Someone offers to get your car inspected for you.
Someone brings food for the dog and chicken for the children.
Some folks ask....How are you doing today?

Someone offers to help you with shredding.
Your pool opens up after 14 months of stagnation.
Someone shares their wise thoughts which you have to write down because you forget things now-a-days.
Someone brings 4 quilts for your favorite police officers' trunks for others.
Someone offers to help pay for karate.
Someone took 20 towels home to wash after their use in the flood.
Someone took home 10 quilts to wash after their use in the flood.

Someone sent me chocolate in the mail.
Someone at a restaurant remembered me from a year ago, and said nice to see you again.
No one told me what to do. No one told me to be positive and to be grateful.
They all respected that I already know that. Instead they sat with me in the darkness.
They sent me good wishes.
They hold my hand until I can stand on my own.
How lucky am I???

Joy is:  Aoife celebrating her last day of 9 months....tomorrow she will be 10 months.
Dylan asking me to take a picture of his skateboard for my blog.
He wants me to report that it is his NEW skateboard.  He graduates from elementary school next Thursday. 
Tonight I had to order diapers for old Zoe....age is upon her.
The children urged a trip to Aldi last night...I was too tired.  They insisted.
They did everything..All I did was pay the bill.
Of course, we now have enough food for 10 people. 
There are only 3 living here now.
Lynsey is an OCD whizz.  She did get irritable however, when her brother put a jar of pickles in with Cheerios....She could not understand who would do something like that. She needs the food all organized in the cart and bags. Dear me.
We needed a talk about different strokes for different folks.
All good...xo  TBTG  All good xo














6 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a lot of wonderfulness and gratitude and joy in this post! Also a lot of wonderful food!!! They will eat it with their young appetites or you can share or save. A good day as a our dear housebound friend says then those gems arrive after many storms and tribulations. A very good number of days. The helpers all came. ❤❤❤

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are a pretty special, greatly loved woman. Hardships, yes, friends more yes.

Teresa said...

Just sending you a hug.

Julierose said...

What a lovely and inspiring post...thanks for lifting my day ;)))
such adorable children..hugsx2 Julierose

jane said...

So good to hear; I’ve been thinking about you.

Cjsmimi said...

Guess what? I feel as grateful for all your good fortunes as you do! So happy for the TLC coming your way. Sending love and a big hug...someday in person again, I hope.
Enjoy your many blessings!
❤️