Sunday, May 30, 2021

Oh Lord Won't You Buy Me..

My friends are sending me cards with fabric scraps to cheer my day...
and cheer it does...such a fun and kind thing for them to do.


I am very disappointed in myself.  I have spent the past few days sitting around staring out the window or napping, visiting with Pearl...Poor Pitiful Pearl.
I should have done this...I should have done that...but, I did not.

Finally I took out Dylan's 3/4 size blue Kenmore and started to sew outside.
Alas, it was jammed.  The wheel would not turn and the needle would not go up and down.
Of course it was....it has been that kind of month.
These machines were $59 at Tuesday Morning.  It costs $100 for them to be serviced.
Ugh...one more quandary....

My grandmother always  used to say, "Get a wiggle on"...Ha!!  That is what I told myself tonight as I made some jelly roll strip sets. Sweet Lynsey brought me her machine to sew on.


Look at the lovely neighborhood my girl lives in in Portland, OR..

The noise in my house is horrendous.  The kids have on their earphones and are plugged in.
The clean up folks took 5 machines away...not that it makes a difference to me.
They are hoping my flood will be dried up by Tuesday.
I just made hot gingerbread with cream, just like my grandma used to do.






 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ha! Now you know why I sew with vintage machines. The are practically unbreakable. I have a 3/4 Kenmore 1040 from the 70's that I let the kids use. I have a 3/4 Singer Spartan and Singer 99 that kids can sew on as well as me. Hard to entice them to sew, but I know it is not the machines' fault. Sorry for all the harsh noises in getting things fixed up. Send Pearl packing, she has overstayed her forced entry. Love the fabric strips.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I second Linda Swanekap's comment:
Send Pitiful Pearl packing! Not only does she overstay her forced entry but she's a frequent flyer and a peace destroyer and loves nothing better than pulling you down her rabbit hole! Away away!

Mystic Quilter said...

Good comment from Linda on the subject of Pearl - give it a try Diane, you may be surprised at the result. Strip piecing is great for stress relief, don't hav e to work anything out, just pick up the next strip and go.