Saturday, March 12, 2022

Crazy March in the Carolinas

Sad the Daffodils are  all gone; thrilled that my Lenten Roses are blooming. Thank you Mary Pat for the gift that keeps on giving. xo 

Once again...a  big thanks to Kathy Korzan for crocheting this plant/mug holder.
Tonight the March wind is fierce...and cold.  It is now 29 degrees...brr.
Out of laziness, I put a potholder on the door for St. Paddy's Day, instead of something new.
The wind was so wild here that I had to add a second magnetic clip as my potholder flew off the door.

Random block making to calm my nerves.
(just saw the block error)
Meantime in chilly Portland, Aoife takes her monkey for a walk.
Boo, my watch dog.
Done, dusted, snipped and ready for gifting, 12 potholders.
Saving the world, one potholder at a time. 
This weekend's successes:  an organized cupboard.
I am now trying to de-clutter my home as I am growing old
The problem is that I have no clutter!! Ha!  Everything is dear to me.
I am a collector!
My grandmother was born on this island in Sweden.
She gave this to me.  Today, I gave it to my sister.
TBTG my sister is 11 years and 11 days younger than I am!
Good Saturday night!





















 

4 comments:

shoshu said...

so glad you're back!!! i've missed you
shoshana

Linda Swanekamp said...

So good to see your post. Wonderful potholders. Daffodils? Mine are up 1/2" and under 4" of new snow. Bitter cold and wind yesterday. Hanging on to the promise of 50 later this week. I do ok with snow and cold until March, then I want it over. My helleborus is also buried. Have to check and see if there are buds.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Cute potholders and it's such an uplift to clean out and organize a cupboard!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your very colourful potholders Diane, so cheery looking.
The dreaded de-cluttering!!! I have lots of this to do but just don't know where to begin. We really do have too much stuff around at our place, husband loves to keep anything at all, not so with me. Precious, sentimental items, yes, I keep others I prefer to find a new home for.