Saturday, March 5, 2022

Crazy as the World Around Me

Rosie, from Portland, enjoys the ABC quilt loved by all my grands!
Until now, I have disliked St. Paddy's Day.  It would trigger the loss of my dear Irish husband and his dying ordeal.  This year, in my constant quest of giving to others in small ways and improving myself, I just did it ....the Nike way...Two Irish day potholders , reducing my gloom.
Nothing to cheer the day like a visit from a special friend  AND her help in basting a quilt.  My damn arthritis gets in the way if I try it alone.. Covid stole my peeps.
I miss them so! 
My blue flower top is almost done. (Sew she Can)
A big thanks to Marie...Her destashing brought happiness to my stash.
It was all welcomed with open arms by my other fabrics.  xo
This one is a thanks to Kathy Korzan.  She crochet the pink bottle holder.
Yesterday, I put a plastic cup with water in it....to hold my daffodils.
Hanging in my downstairs bathroom, brings a smile everytime.
So it goes.
I walked in Trader Joe's today. 20% wore masks.
I bought veggies instead of chocolate.  No wonder I have been depressed!!!
Now, outside for a bit to read...or try too..
Ignoring that my garage freezer has gone south and that I cannot change a  lightbulb in the ceiling and that the world has gone nuts. And, my sweet grandson was suspended for bringing vaping to school. He shared it with friends in the 6th grade hallway right under the camera that had been set up by the assistant principal...He could watch  them all in the act.  All five were suspended...I am trying to detach and not think the worse for his future...

And for the world we love:  Holy Mother 

And, for each other: Brene Brown on sympathy and empathy ( a perfect cartoon)

1 comment:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Sending you a big hug. I love all of your projects and the fabric choices.
The world is going crazy and I know how lucky we were growing up with simplifies. I know we went through Vietnam but I just didn't think my grandchildren would have to grow up with covid, war, tornadoes, etc.

You and your family are in my prayers. The birds give me comfort and the blue sky.