Friday, March 18, 2022

One Scrappy Day

The beginning of my pink "X" quilt :

Working with left over scrap HSTs from 5 years ago...Experimenting...

In my head was this purple grunge fabric...Oh, No...the photo shows how very wrong that was.



Today was one scrappy day...First St.Sherry took me on a much needed errand run. Awesome company too!!  Always happy with a great nap. A helpful visit from my DIL.  Off went Dylan with his mother for the weekend.

  The teenager in this household will be going on an Honor Drama competition tomorrow bright and early.  As, tonight it is just my Lynsey and me, Grandma was thinking time together or a card game....Crazy crazy Grandma....Up to her room went the 13 year old with her phone with her new boyfriend's phone number and her dinner. 

At first I was OK with that, then Pearl's cousin, Debbie....Debbie Downer came by.

   I called a few friends, made a new gratitude list and started sewing  PHEW...I kicked her under the rug!!

Now..the real gift:  Our Aoife on a walk. Showing off her whispy white Dineen hair. Adorable.

Taking Pig along for the  walk!!

I usually do damage when Pearl or Debbie visit.
A die for my Accuquilt for bowls.
I was eating healthy for awhile...that lasted 3 days...Stress did me in and I caved.

When my husband and I married in Miami, we started a lovely antique quilt collection.
This "T" quilt was the first quilt we ever bought.
I have had it on my bed all winter, snuggling in with good memories.



3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I agree with you, the purple grunge fabric was not a winner, do love your triangle fabrics though! Your pink cross blocks are so pretty, I hope we see more of them soon. Super photos of Aoife, gosh it's amazing how quickly they grow.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All kinds of photo treats today! The triangle blocks will find a good partner. I kind of like all the triangles facing the same direction. Pink X blocks are spring time fun. Gratitude attitude- gets you through every time. Beautiful granddaughter photos!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your eating pattern is on track as long as you go back to the healthy eating the day after the junk food/binging whatever you call it. Some of the leading healthy eating people encourage a binge day once a week.